Spartans Home

Rail Buggy/Raceing videos

Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

But a mans got to know his limitations

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /> Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Takes a lickin and keeps on ticken

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Nice idle

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

No, I will do some mild off roading with it thou. Those vids are from the baha 1000 race and the terrible town 250 and thats what those races are about. 100 mph across the desert! The BAHA 1000 is none stop in 40 some odd hours of 100 mph off road raceing, except to fuel and eat and drink.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Some bad jumps in that race LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, Glamis.

It brings back such fond memories. I was at the bottom of the hill for this jump:

Missed me by that much.

Not only was I getting paid to ride ATVs, I got to watch people with far too much money cripple themselves and their loved ones. You can't have a holiday weekend like that anywhere else.

Not that I dispute a drunk's right to wreck himself and his vehicle. The carnage of the children is what bothered me most.

Within the first 5 minutes of beginning an evening's work was the first rollover at the top of a dune. Family of four all with spinal injuries. Nice job, Dad.

For every successful canal jumper there is the poor drunk that didn't notice that the

All American canal was there, and would drive in and drown. That happened the same weekend of the jump shown above in a baja bug turned submarine.

The stabbings, the overdoses, the illegal aliens, the carnage, the getting my SUV stuck repeatedly, the NVGs, the overtime. I remember it well. Thanks for the flashbacks.

Wow heres some wild dyno testing of a rail wacth it rise up at full throttle

Having used several types of vehicle dynamoters; I have to throw water on their party saying:

OMG!! I can't believe they are using tie-down straps! :o

That thing was pulling the front end off the ground and moving as they stretched. Very dangerous and they are eventually going to kill somebody.

With high horsepower to weight ratio's your always supposed to use chains. The frame is supposed to be chained at 4 points near each frame-axle point. With a vehicle that light, it is probably ok to have just one chain near the middle in front.

In addition the front wheels have to be chalked for additional movement prevention.

But the engine did sound good :)

Also the sidewalls of those tires during the WOT was very interesting. It looked like they had drag racing slicks on the back for better traction on the rollers, it is a good visual of the complexity in racing tire design. :thumbsup: