Spartans Home

EVO - A quick Brainstorm...

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

I really enjoyed the game and the long observation. If there were another couple of players we could have eyes on the whole base without agitating the AI. Then we could have ripped them apart with few losses, till later on. I think the deadliest part of taking a town is the cleanup. I am not very observant but I am hoping that with practice this deficiency will improve.

i good way to clean out the town and sustain few if any casultys is when all armor has been taken out fly low and slow around the town in the minigun black hawk may be insert a few troops on the out skirts and then cover them from high in the hawk blasting any one spoted and the boots take any straglers.

i will in put a more detailed town attack plan using fewer key roles so it can be excuted a lot easyer.

I agree on the FARP thing.

After thinking it over, I think that FARP tactic is a bit over the top.

Too vulnerable, too close, just not a very good representation of what is possible in battle.

I hadn't seen this thread so I made a new post lastnite regarding this and the request that all keep

their eyes open for some heavy tow vehicles. I am deleting that one and inserting it into this thread.

From other topic, plus Seven's response with shortcut to possible source.

Hello all,

After thinking about our discussion on "FARPS" today, I can see that point presented and must agree.

A FARPS should be some distance back from the front line.

A guideline would be helpful.

I suggest that we use something like 1.5K to 2k away (more if the map is big enough) and in a protected area (not on a hill)

Probably in a valley or low spot with some trees or rocks as partial protection/camoflage.

With that, I also think we need some vehicle retrieving equipment. For tanks and big trucks we need a heavy retriever.

This is usually a tank with a towing unit instead of a turret. I haven't been able to find any. Does anyone know of a mod

that inserts these vehicles?

Tow vehicles can be used before the battle is completely finished as they can retrieve equipment from area's where control has been established. (even if only temporarily controlled.)

Keep your eyes open for some equip. addons ;)

Seven's response:

Yup, its here called Mando's Hitch Problem is that you need to code it into all of your missions, which can unfortunately be a major pain in the tail.

I will look into the Mando's Hitch mod.

If it looks like a reasonalble amount of work I could try to insert the script if everyone is in agreement that it is a good idea.

I am not sure others will agree, but I think it is important to the flow of the strikeforce support.

Some opinions pls, :clapping: should we pursue heavy vehicle retrievers?

Well I have checked out Mando's Hitch.

It allows choppers to pick-up and haul vehicles back.

I have 2 problems with the chopper thing.

1) Using a chopper to during a battle is sort of like driving a tank into town... it dies quickly as it is a prime

target for about every AI in the game.

2) I am having trouble with the image of a blackhawk flying away with an M1A1 or supply truck.

Not likely to ever happen. as the Max payload for a blackhawk is 12000 pounds. I think the non armored HMMWV without mounted guns weighs about 5500 pounds. It could probably lift a HMMWV, crew & equipment.

This where reality and game play need to melded.

Sure a Blackhawk might not, in reality, be able to lift an M1A1, but, we don't have any of the real lifting helo's available so....

You either have a Blackhawk lifting, or NO lifting....

I'd prefer the former as it's closer to reality than NO lifting

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop a note and thank the guys on 'Evo' last night that took Masbete. Aside from one piece of armor four guys took that town with Rifles, a couple Stingers and a Javelin. It was great fun and hope we can try a few more of the 'minimalist' style attacks. Aside from it being very satisfying there's a whole lot less FARPage to be done in the aftermath :no:

Let's do it again sometime soon.

:thanks: