Spartans Home

Arma on 2 monitors

Zeno~SPARTA~

I run dual monitor setups on my PC's. Is it possible to have the first/third person view on one monitor and the map on the second. This may be a bit of a cheat but it would help me a lot and would be a great tool especially for the mission leader.

As of right now, only one game supports what you want and it is called World in Conflict. It has an in game setting to do this.

There is a work around for this though and it is a bit more exhaustive than most want to even worry about.

Run a second box with the game installed, run both instances in windowed mode and use a program like Synergy to use the keyboard and moue on both monitors.

The plus side is that all of your map functions are being processed by a second PC leaving your processing power to game play. The big downside is that they aren't the same character and i.e. all commands are coming from the base still. All in all its a real toss-up to what works well.

Like I said its a bit daunting but it is doable. Maybe they will support a dual monitor set up in the future, but I doubt it.

I run dual monitor setups on my PC's. Is it possible to have the first/third person view on one monitor and the map on the second. This may be a bit of a cheat but it would help me a lot and would be a great tool especially for the mission leader.

YES, 2 ways

METHOD 1

Press Right CTRL & M to bring up a mini map

METHOD 2

A4 sheet in printer & print screen to the printer.

You could just press M like everyone else & get use to doing it, I do it all the time & find a safe spot, I crouch or prone & then 'M' relay data & then 'M' to put it away and move on, the way it's done in real life.

If you need time to look at the map & you say you haven't got it, then your moving too fast.

viii

YES, 2 ways

METHOD 1

Press Right CTRL & M to bring up a mini map

METHOD 2

A4 sheet in printer & print screen to the printer.

You could just press M like everyone else & get use to doing it, I do it all the time & find a safe spot, I crouch or prone & then 'M' relay data & then 'M' to put it away and move on, the way it's done in real life.

If you need time to look at the map & you say you haven't got it, then your moving too fast.

viii

I am aware of this but its not what I asked.

So lets start again, is there a mod that allows one to use the second monitor as a map.

No is an acceptable answer.

I'm not aware of this possibility to run two monitors.

You will stay alive longer with one monitor, looking at what your actually doing, and retreating into hiding to work out what you should to be doing via the map and commands.