Spartans Home

BF2 Resurgance

Rocky

Did you guys hear about BF2? After all this time they are bringing out a new patch and new maps! I need to go check how long ago it was BF2 came out, and the expansion pack too - I remember I got the expansion but stopped playing shortly after that.

I just reinstalled it because of the new content coming, had a couple of quick games. Yeh the graphics are not CoD4, but they are good enough and there is heaps of gameplay not seen in CoD4, like all the vehicles and gunships, and nice touches like easy squad forming so in a huge server you can form small squads and easily spawn on them and find them. CoD4 would benefit from that feature, imagine having an 8 man team split into two 4 man teams - one on defense one on attack - that would encourage tighter squad play.

I wonder what the motivation is to release new content for BF2 after all this time, I mean, there's even been a totally new game in the series since B2 came out.

Anyone else here ever play BF2?

Edited by Rocky

Your better off letting an old dead dog lay. BF2 LAGGGG! the only thing it had going for it was the not so good eye candy and thats dead as well. With its tera bite of pacthes and updates. Its absoult crap game! I have 6 disks with the up dates and pacthes on them. This is the game where you jump out in front of a enemy, emtpy a clip into him and he sneeses at you and you die wile he walks off. And loaded with cheaters hudgely! Thats as nice as I can be about that game. If you feel you must run it, please go around back of your house and beat your self in the head with a 2x4 untill you come to your sences. You will thank me later! If Krambo played this game there would be a mushroom cloud where he used be! LOL!!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I never uninstalled all my BF2 stuff, although BF2142 was probably the worst incarnation of the whole series, the original/Special Forces was pretty good and the Desert Conflict mod was good.

If I could play on local servers with a decent squad I would give it another shot..

• 3 months later...

Ya i Still have the game i usd to play BF2 all the time till GRAW 2 came out then COD 4 i like the squad forming to its sweet to be able to join or create a squad and lock the squads from in game.

what a coincidence. just earlier this week I bought me a copy for 5 euros !!!

i'm planning to install it soon, so i'll join some games.

regardless of the amount of cheaters indeed on almost all the servers, it's still lots of fun.

just need to find out how to setup my 24" for BF2.

which mods are we installing?