Spartans Home

Best Intel CPU for the $ (Sept 2014) - (I think)

NoScream~SPARTA~

FutureMark, real world tests.

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu/Intel+Core+i7-4930K/review

Intel Core i7-4820K (£230) gbp / $330 with free shipping USD

My main machine Motherboard died,

looking at replacing it, It looks like best $ per horse power comes from a cheaper 4820K CPU by intel

i7 socket LGA2011 full blown CPU. 3.7GHz Socket 2011 Ivybridge-E.

FULL LIST

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu

==========================

Intel Core i7 5820K Haswell-E CPU Unlocked 6 Core Socket 2011-3 Processor £294.20 Inc VAT

X99 Motherboard with DDR4 memory is the next new thing soon to be here that has a price point similar.

but I think it's not such a big jump.

==========================

I'm only looking at Socket 2011 as it's the full monty. That is it uses DDR memory (Dual Data rate) in 4 channel mode as opposed to dual channel. Meaning data flys.

Still using an I5-2500K. The sad thing is its still all about the Ghz, a large majority of games dont care if you have 2 or 20 cores, they care about how fast the first core is.... I wish Intel and AMD had raced to 5 or 6 Ghz before they started the multicore race... Everything is stuck at sub 4ghz unless you OC.

Edited by Donziboy2

I was looking at the Devils Canyon 4790K 4Ghz at about £250 (not that I have the money lol) and those X99 mobos look sooo expensive

Yeh that's what I went for in my new PC, the 4790k 4Ghz. If anybody wants any realworld tests done on it let me know.

Yeh that's what I went for in my new PC, the 4790k 4Ghz. If anybody wants any realworld tests done on it let me know.

Real world test 1.

Place it in a brown box, write my address on it, place adequate postage stamps in top right corner & take to post office, give to postal staff, go home.

:cheers:

When I receive it 2.

I will post a great selection of smilies for you !

:Scotland:

Did anyone else see that coming? :bleh:

Of course.... :hop12: