Spartans Home

'95 Cobra 351W Build

MH6~SPARTA~

Engine is finally coming together. Found some carbon-fiber stylized steel valve covers and had to have them. I think they look bad ass next to the black chrome lower intake.

WZ2otb1.jpg

Once I repaint the car (last owner painted it black with a slight purple pearl color--not a fan), it'll look almost identical to this:

018.jpg?t=1264640838

Though I may end up going with black bullitt wheels or maybe even black chrome bullitt wheels.

I'll try to post some progress pics later.

Nice, I was never really a ford fan, due to had to work on them thru the years and never liked the design of the engines and steering gears and transmissions and the like. 351 clevelands were the best of the 351s, The early 302s didn't have the horse power or torque compaired to the smallblock chevys. I like the chevys better due to interchangeability in the earlyer cars and trucks.. If you wanted to drop in a big block in place of a small block, you didn't have to change the transmission as well., just move the engine mount to the next hole in the frame and it would drop in and bolt up to the trans.

On the fords if you had a 302 and wanted to drop in a 351, you would have to change the tranmission from a c-4 to a c-6, so with the engine change you would have to change out the trans as well. That was a big desideing factor for me when getting my first car or truck. I don't know about all the newer stuff ford has. But its all good.

I worked on a lot of medium duty to heavy duty ford trucks, the C series and F series 800 gas, 391s and 370 limas, and 534 was the biggest gas engine I think in trucks and 8000s had a cat 3208 diesel. Back in the 80s ford didn't make their own diesel and still didn't in the 90s as well.

I remember replacing a lot of exhaust manifold gaskets on the 391 f700s drilling out a lot of broken off bolts what a misery that was.

That intake is beautiful, But if you have to change that drivers side bank valve cover gasket, ouch!

Will that big engine fit in that little Car?

But looks real good and good luck with the build!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~