New PC to build - advice?

Rocky

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what u upgrading from btw?

So I am back browsing around for new kit again and just cant make my mind up, even lost a night just looking at cases FFS.

But I mis-read your post, earlier - I am upgrading from a Q6600 processor and GTX660 GFX card.

Krambo your case is a lot like mine, I can't even recall what mine is lol, so here is a photo of it.

pc.JPG

I really like the idea of that cube case though, it must be bigger than it looks though to take a atx mobo. I'll read up on it though, I really like the look.

Edited by Rocky

LOL, the comments on that video are hilarious, read this....

All that space and only 4 2.5 inch hard drive bays. That is just poor designing. 
VelictAF6 months ago
who the fuck uses 5.25? is this nineteen fucking ninety-five?
clint stathis6 months ago
I have a bluray drive for ripping backups of dvds and blurays.
CRAFTABLEAWESOMENESS6 months ago
+VelictAF Fan controllers anyone?
VelictAF5 months ago
Do you really need two 5.25 bay fan controllers?
clint stathis5 months ago
The lack of internal hard drive storage is the biggest problem with this giant case. You should be able to put like 9 hard drives in that monster. 
Reply ·
Sol Dios5 months ago
+clint stathis who uses 9 hd's? Most pc enthusiasts would be happy to settle with 1 2.5 4tb drive and a 256gb sdd
VelictAF5 months ago
None of you should ever fucking build a computer, ever.
Hey +VelictAF go lick cock you arrogant ass clown.
It is a shitty design for a case. You can't argue with that. +Sol Dios some people keep hard drives once they are full, they don't just throw the full drive away. Nobody said anything about 5.25 inch bays. The people commenting on this seem to be retarded.
+VelictAF I said there weren't enough 2.5 inch hard drive bays. Nobody said anything about 5.25 inch drive bays except you. I hope you are not building any computers because you don't know how to read.
VelictAF5 months ago
Woah woah, I was talking about 5.25's I don't give a fuck 'bout no 2.5's
Henry Ammermann5 months ago
+VelictAF THEN WHY DID YOU RESPOND
its fat and ugly
Reply · 5
Jelle Dekkers6 months ago
That's what she said!
Franco Pettine4 months ago (edited)
Are we talking about your mom ass?
Edited by Rocky

Just saw this Rocky...thought i'd mention

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-005-GI

That mobo at scan is £131

I couldnt find a 4Ghx 4790 processor like the one in that bundle anywhere, the nearest was a 4.4 at scan which is £260

So buying separate at scan is £391, the overclockers bundle is £351 so it looks like a genuine £40 saving?!

Very tempted by that if my numbers are right.

Here it is, ordering this week for a build this weekend.

Mobo : Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU : - Devils Canyon Core i7 4790K
GPU : 2x GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 SLI
RAM : Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) Ballistix Sport XT 1600MHz DDR3 1.5V 240-pin DIMM CL9
PSU : Corsair RM Series RM 1000
CASE : NZXT Phantom 530 Full Tower Gaming Case

Boot SSD : Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO

CA-129-NX_71414_600.jpg

Edited by Rocky

Ordered, next day delivery from the most awesome delivery guys DXT. Most of it coming from Overclockers, some from ebuyer.

Took Friday off work to build it, got the weekend to myself to play it :)

And it's now Germany 2 3 4-0, OMG BRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Edited by Rocky

Minecraft? I have to fight my 11 year old off my PC every evening cause she is hooked on it. Would you believe the pass-down PC she has in her room won't even run minecraft because the GPU is so old it doesn't support open GL? LOL,.

Edited by Rocky

Minecraft? I have to fight my 11 year old off my PC every evening cause she is hooked on it. Would you believe the pass-down PC she has in her room won't even run minecraft because the GPU is so old it doesn't support open GL? LOL,.

Yeah sounds like Rizz....he has to 'fight his kid off his PC' as he loves playing Lego Starwars........so he says.

PC built!

Went smooth apart from an issue with the sound driver that meant no sound for an hour of head scratching until I found someone on the gigbyte forums with exactly the same issue on the same day with the same spec, and an easy solution.

Amazing case, loving the cable management and the fancy lighting on the board.

Moving my steam library over now, hopefully it will be recognised....

My kids play minecraft too, but even on my old, old rig (the one I used for Ghost recon) with a geforce 7600 in it, it runs fine.....

My daughter has a Core 2 duo 8400 with the 8800 GTX and 4 gigs of ram, my son has the oldest rig a core 2 duo 6600 with the geforce 7600 GT silent

My youngest son has an old laptop from work with an intel centrino and 3 gigs of ram, I believe it'll run on that too.... (all pc's run Vista or windows 8)

less talking

more putting pictures up

haha :thumbsup:

Hehe, of course, loads of photos.

I was going to do a video build for youtube but feck it, it took me all morning just building it never mind playing at director.

Just moving the last of the files off an old HD over to the new one then I can put my old PC to rest, pull out the GTX660 and put it into its new home and try out SLi.

The extra RAM and i7 processor has already given some games a 10FPS boost, fingers crossed the 2 x 660's will give them another 30FPS at least. Ive got benchmarks to share too once I'm finished.

Edited by Rocky