Spartans Home

The Dangest things

Interesting. Was he doing multiple runs over your house? Looked like he was weaving back and forth a little.

We have the refuelers fly over my house just about every day on their training runs and will do huge circles around the city.

anyone see outbreak with dustin hoffman. maybe theres an infection in the next town over and the're to contain it.

man we never have cool stuff flyin over here.

just people flying on holidays at 80,000 feet and out beloved garda (police) helicopter

Do aircraft always fly that low over your house? Or are you in the middle of nowhere? He may have been doing a low-level flight for training.

One of the nice things about having lived on an Air Force base and being Aircrew is seeing some of the jets in action. F-22s are common here, and exercises always bring a multitude of different airframes to town. We were actually lined up #2 for takeoff behind a trio of F-22s today. With those fancy awesome engines they have, it's a 3,500 ft roll into a vertical climb on takeoff. Not to be outdone, the pilots of my "little" C-17 decided to ramp it up and got our 150 ton cargo aircraft (your large american pickup maxes around 3.5, a HEMTT truck 18, and an M1 is about 70) in the same amount of runway, into a very good climb out.

I've seen F-everythings, B-2s, B-52s, Global Hawks, Preadators/Reapers, V-22s, sat in the pilot seat of a black hawk (cramped!), put a CH-47 into a C-17, and saved day-old babies.

• 1 month later...

Went out to mow the grass and heard something in the sky, went to grab the camcorder and of coarse the battery was dead, so Quick hooked up the charger to it and an extention cord. Saw a B25F fly buy, WOW what a plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhRxpfxsxfY

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

The B52 was doing fly buys for the nascar race pepsi 400. the B25 is stationed at my local small airport, been up to kick the tires on it. Its got a 75mm cannon in the nose along with 6 50cals . Next time i go to the airport bar, ile get a close vid of it.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

thiz reminds me of something i saw on tv a few years ago where a flying fortress

had a japanese zero stuck in it a failed kamakazie. but the nose of the zero was directly over

the belly (ball) gunner's hatch so he could not get out, to make matters worse the gear was stuck

so any belly landing was going to tear him to shreds. i think it was called the mission

Went out to mow the grass and heard something in the sky, went to grab the camcorder and of coarse the battery was dead, so Quick hooked up the charger to it and an extention cord. Saw a B25F fly buy, WOW what a plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhRxpfxsxfY

B25 greatest bomber evah, loved to see them at duxford