Spartans Home

Awesome TakiDom with AC-130 Spectre gunship

EL_n00biachi

As all my threads...this has probably been posted already but whatever :)

This is a German army mod,which includes EF2000's,Eurocopter Tigre's and other awesome hardware and scripting fe calling in ai reinforcements and ai CAS.....but what you all will love the most is ofcourse the AC-130 Spectre gunship,if you're alone...hop in, fly it up to at-least 400 select autopilot over the target area and itll circle it and swap you to the gunnerseat and....."death from above"...its lotsa fun!

I hope these links work.

http://www.daten-hoster.de/file/details/231328/_DSO5.zip this is the mod\addon just load as any other mod

http://www.daten-hoster.de/file/details/236735/co_40_Domination_DSO_BW_Mod.Takistan.zip missionfile

If all goes well you should receive a download link in your inbox,just use some spamaccount for that.

Original website http://www.division-spezielle-operationen.eu/news/

"Get back on those guys!!"

Heres a lil clip i recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPzxSka1CGY

This is cool. Does a human have to fly the gunship or would AI do that?...just wondering if it'll work on my home machine if I'm the only one in game.

This is off topic but you could sign up for a 10 minute email address and wouldn't even have to use a spam account. Here's what I used...

http://10minutemail.com/

There's at least 2-3 other services that do the same thing (10-15 minute email).

Yup you can play alone,this is what i do:i jump in a Tigre or EF2000 and destroy all armor or anti air....anything dangerous to the AC130,then i go back to base and get in the ac130 fly it up to 400ft thats the minimum to throw it on autopilot.....now just fly over the main ao then put it on autopilot,it will circle the ao and put you in the gunnerseat.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61TXEAVN hope that works,this is the mission file.

I just tried both links i gave and after filling in an email address the download links i received both worked....i hope i dont have to upload the 1gb mod lol

Edited by EL_n00biachi

I had problems with the mission file but finally got it to work. I played around with it for about an hour. I lagged when I was in the gunners seat even though I was running it on my own machine. This could be changed but I didn't like that there were no pilots slots and when I did a few turns in the c130, I was blacking out. Those are the only downfalls for me at this point.

I loved the 105mm. If you use all 20 of them on an AO, I think that pretty much kills it off.

I'd like to fire this up one night and you can fly around while I'm on the ground with fraps on. I want to see what the 105mm can do when I'm a bit closer to their impact.

The lag is probably because you're running it on your own machine,ARMA2 really needs a dedicated server.

Try turning off the armor and island defense,the less ai on the map the better.

The lag is probably because you're running it on your own machine,ARMA2 really needs a dedicated server.

Try turning off the armor and island defense,the less ai on the map the better.

Is that a hint that you guys want to try this on the server?

Is that a hint that you guys want to try this on the server?

Actually i changed it from "this mission..." to the more general "ARMA2" just so it wouldnt look like i was fishing lol...but im sure alot of guys would love that! :thumbsup_anim:

The mod is 1.26 gigs unpacked

the mission is 11 mb (3 times more than normal), I am not optimistic it will run smoothly, but another server has been set up to run it called

SPARTA DSO Mod

I have done nothing to the mission at this time. If enough of you like it we can add the file to the download server

Sick!!!!im sooo gonna try that out right now lol

These guys have added ALOT of scripts themselfs,calling in friendly ai soldiers,airsupport,mortar and artillery...its pretty sick.

Dizko, did you find a workaround for the lag..my computer had a really hard time running this mod and im pretty sadface because I wanted to try it.

Yankee...no. It lags pretty bad especially when I've been up in a jet for a few minutes trying to clear out some of the ground armor before going up with the gunship. It sometimes grinds to a halt but picks up again. I tried turning all the extra's off and the most I can play is about 45 minutes before it gets unbearable. I think if the mission could be trimmed down a bunch it would help. It reminds me of other servers I've gone on that had 10-15 meg mission files and the server lagging like crazy.

Maybe I can dig into an editor and start throwing stuff out. =)

I can't say for sure that it's the mission file but I don't think it's helping.

I like the few vehicles I got into. They seemed to have more of a response time and didn't seem as "clunky" as the american vehicles. The next time play, I'm going to give one of those helo's a try.

Another observation is it seems like when your spotted at the AO that the enemy really calls in the air support. Instead of sending in one Hip, they call in 2. I've never seen so many come in at the frequency they were being sent in. It's fun trying to shoot them down with the 25mm though.

The mod is 1.26 gigs unpacked

the mission is 11 mb (3 times more than normal), I am not optimistic it will run smoothly, but another server has been set up to run it called

SPARTA DSO Mod

I have done nothing to the mission at this time. If enough of you like it we can add the file to the download server

Whoa...thanks. I was going to bed but now I'm going to have to fire up Arma again to see if the lag goes away at all with it being hosted on an actual server.

Well it runs smoooooth as silk.

All the vehicles these guys made have a much better handling...i never have the idea that i can flip over or bounce up at anytime.

The reinforcements come in pairs of 2 MI8's at the same time,so not one after the other,which puts a bit more pressure on taking down the radiotower.

The Eurofighter is an awesome jet,but the sound it makes is a bit annoying.

NO SATCHELS ?

but wurth a try I AM INN

noobi baby woop woop

badabing badaboom ( drop weapon )

Did the DSO server go down? (the one with the C130 gunship?) I just see the TAC server, regular ACE server and the regular DOM server.

Nevermind, I just found it on the mission/mod on the DOM server.

Dont think its on there,thats just your own version showing. Someone was supposed to turn it on after the mission play last night but they didnt,or no one asked them to....i forgot myself....mmhmm... :( Jhunter has about 537pokes by a few people lol...ok they r all mine! :*(