Spartans Home

New Mission - OGR Farm Night - ready for testing

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I am going to do the original campaign GR missions one by one and test them as we go eventually rebuilding most of at least a lot of good GR missions and some new ones too.

Starting with remake of Farm Night.

You will need Podagorsk - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791&highlight=PODAGORSK

And Norrins Fastrope - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791&highlight=FASTROPE

Zeno - would be great if you could get these on the Tac Server - some absolutely brilliant missions to be built on this map.

And would be cool to do a test run of this over the weekend to see if it works correctly - 99% sure it does, and also to test if opfor numbers are correct.

Lighty.

i am not sure Zeno - i think everyone has to have the file.

Gunthar tried using it with his mission; the rest of the team did not have fastrope added as a mod, and we were not able to see the fastropes deploy. As mods go, it's the smallest I've seen yet. *

* That's what she said.

Most things can be incorporated into a mission but they are so big it isnt worth it. Its precisely because this is small that it can be. If it didnt work for Gunthar it was probably because it wasnt "called" in the init.sqf file. In fact I just took a look at his mission and the manner in which he tried to use it cannot work, I will have a word with him..

I am just the mechanic, not an engineer, but I have seen a few "engines".

It is no big deal to add the mod to the server, I am not baulking on adding it, I am just thinking forward for all mission makers looking to build missions with no mods, this would be a boon for them.

In any case it will be on the server later today.

If this interests you drop MH6 a pm and ask him if it could be done, I would but I wouldnt understand the answer, lol.

i am going to make all my missions require ACE1.9 and above from now on - too many bonuses of having it versus not. this will allow for river crossings without losing gear, adjustable NV, and fastropes are included in ACE already so no extra addon needed.

this mission is really shaping up to be a cracker.

helo extraction works on dedi as does the fast rope insertion.

have a guy from phoenix soldiers who is going to help me set it up for ACE medic and ACE weapons and then we should be good to play it.

the next 2 missions are already planned out too - and they will be as good or better then anything GR ever offered.