Spartans Home

It's Going To Hurt Again, But What The Hell

CoBoL~SPARTA~

Four years since I had my last one, did a silly thing once. Tried to ride up a 16ft Vertical mud face cliff. Manage to get sump guard on top but then slowly fell backwards.

Managed to land on one leg with all my weight (lots of it) and damaged my knee could not walk for weeks, wife then said your selling it. What am I talking about.

Here's a old photo.

IMG_4461.jpg

Well I have been a good boy lately and managed to convince the boss that I won't be as silly (Big Grin). Sorry Vii the Audi might have to wait a little as a good friend of ours as also purchased one (yes Dunning and soon to be Mac).

Who kindly helped me convince the wife he can't go out alone and neither can I. So here she is the new mistress.

b4.jpg

b1.jpg

b8.jpg

b7.jpg

b2.jpg

b10.jpg

She's not new but she will do, She's a 2008 Montesa Cota 4RT, 250cc and looking forward to getting her upto some mischief this weekend.

She come complete with a few mods

2 stage Throttle body with switchable map, programmed by MSPORT.

Frame mounted kill switch

Control footrests

H&D rear brake pedal

S3 titanium front pipe

Stainless steel front pipe clip

Anodized alloy gold bolt kit

Gold reservoir caps

Gold tank breather

Gold future trial case protector

Red silicone coolant hoses and breather kit

REP top yoke

Try-all fat bars

Custom Mitani stickers

Up-rated suspension linkages

Pretty cool man.

I prefer bikes with seats though:

Yamaha_YZ450_2006_01_1024x768.jpg

Curious and feel the same (even though I barely sit my butt down when riding)......why do those bike have no seat.....are they (I'm guessing) "free-style" bikes? Occasionally take a friend's KTM out and we hit a few trails in the Central Texas "outback".

On a related but non-" " note, I had a nice encounter 2 weeks ago on an old 80's 250cc 250sx and realized why these things were no longer made...lol

Curious and feel the same (even though I barely sit my butt down when

riding)......why do those bike have no seat.....are they (I'm guessing)

"free-style" bikes?

Those machines dosn´t look like much but they don´t come cheap

I think it's all down to design and power, my monty only weighs 68kg. And has the torque to pull the moon closer to the earth. And the bike is so well ballanced it's un true, it almost stands up by itself.

But ye it's great fun and what a work out it, I was in bed for 10pm.

They are trailes bikes made for rock climbing.

Well my wr450 2 stroke would run 105mph and at 60 mph hitt the throttle and the front end would come off the ground, this bike was scary fast! I want a 500 2 stroke. The 4 strokes don't hold a candle to these bad boys. I out ran a honda 500e with out breaking a sweat. My brother in law blew up his YIPEAHAW mx400 twice trying to keep up. I found the motocrossers that had the bigger engine were alot more stable then the smaller engine ones. I had a 250 Husq i restored and real unstable to the point it was hard to ride.Sold it.

Montessa is a spanish made bike. Back in the 70s dirt bike envasion, we saw a heap of ero bikes come into the us. Mako, Bulltaco, montessa, ossa, Husquvara,CZ. Montessa and bultaco was made at the same factory in spain. The Husquvarnas were the most durible of bunch. Honda dident even make a enduro yet at that time.Yipahaw did with the DT series.

It appears that Montessa is back in production with only a trailes bike, not available in the U.S. Motocross started in eroupe back in the late 60s

If you ask me theres only one name in off road rideing. Husquvarna.It was good enough for Malcom smith and steve mc queen its good enough for me.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~