Spartans Home

Hello All

e_money~SPARTA~

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to all my friends that I have not talked to in so long. Life has changed a lot for me. I started my own business and it take so much of my time. I am doing a lot of traveling for work. I miss the gaming at night but with being out of town so much I dont have much time. I try to hop in every now and then but my computers mic is not working. It worked fine but now it doesnt. It stopped working after a windows 7 update and i even bought a new mic and still no go. So I know someone here is super smart and may have some insight. I did a little research and seems to be a problem with the Rampage II supreme fx sound that comes with the board. Well hope everyone is having fun. Take care

e_money

everyone needs $

Good to see you post bud, you should try and listen in to the racing on Sundays there is so much BS it's frickin hilarious sometimes

If you Mic was working at earlier time and now is not, it is 99% a driver issue.

if the problem came with a Win update or maybe just a Win driver update, you can ger on the Device manager, check the audio drivers, if you have a chance to Roll Back, try it.

Otherwise be sure in Control Panel you have no software related to your audio, if you have any, unistall it. Then in Device Manager, unistall your audio devices completely.

This should force Win to reinstall them to the next boot process, If you are lucky enough it may reistall it with the original driver was working for you in the past.

You might also check on the Vendor website for an update Win7 driver.

This not necessarely fix the issue. I tried on my board (different from yours) and the Updated Win 7 certified drivers meseed up my audio completely.

I suggest you to create RESTORE POINTS before you start messing around with these drivers, because if something goes wrong (and most probably it will...) you just roll back to a restore point and you have your system running.