Spartans Home

Civilization 5 = Awesome!

Yankee~SPARTA~

For any of you waiting until Thursday, this game is awesome! Been playing every night since Tuesday and have to tear myself away from the screen to wake up for work. Playing against the AI actually takes strategy and skill. The first time I played I was asked by China to roll over Rome. Of course, out of pure greed I demolished their 3 cities. Well apparently China was like the bastard China of the playground and as soon as I had taken over Rome, all its friends converged on my cities and crushed me.

If any of you playing it, I think there is only a couple...I would like to get a coop game going against the AI and see where it gets us.

Let me know!

Didn't know they had introduced an online element, lookin forward to that.

I'm not getting a copy straight away but it's for sure gonna be purchased.

I haven't had any hiccups on mine and I'm running max settings. My computer is far from beastly

Off the top of my head:

Intel quad core 2.6ghz

4GB Ram

Nvidia gts 250

I think the only major let down is in mp there are no movement or combat animations. As in, when you click to move they just teleport there or when they attack it either just removes the units or a portion thereof. However, if you've ever played this series you know that in mp there is a huuuuuggggeeeeee lag with animations if more than 4 players are simultaneously moving their units. Trust me, once you get 125+ turns into your civilization you will learn to hate the animations.

Last night I put 4+ hours into a civilization and am only at 1910 AD. The game goes to 2050 before ending. 5 years each turn and I've just gotten tanks. Still waiting to get my roving death robot lol!

If you've never played a civ game its nothing like starcraft or age of empires. Be prepared to put something like 4-8 hours of gametime with multiple sittings to fully enjoy the timeline and unlocks.

They have ranked up the graphics for Civ5 but Civ has never been all about the eye candy, just check min specs mate I would bet they are not silly.

if you want to try a coop sometime this year

find me or set up an TS for this game possible?

I don't now what god is , but i know what he isn't..

Now you tell me ,

i already bought the motha**fucker..

so wil try it meself ..

i liked the previoes one alot mods ..

when the POWER of love rules ...

• 2 months later...