Spartans Home

British Troops DLC

evilducky

Here are some quotes from that forum, for those of you who don't want to skim through it.....

Arma 2: British Armed Forces key features:

* New vehicles and weapons

o Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage

o Personal weapons: L85A2 and L86A2 rifles, L110A1 machine gun, LRR and AW50 sniper rifles, N-LAW AT launcher

o New vehicles: Jackal 2 MWMIK all-terrain vehicle, modernized FV510 Warrior

o New helicopters: AH11 Wildcat (multi-role), HC3 Merlin (transport)

o British versions: off-road car, Chinook HC2 transport helicopter, Apache AH1 gunship

o Desert and woodland paint schemes of the ground vehicles

* New single player campaign

o Player will command a mobile observation team of British troops into battle with Takistani insurgents. Short campaign will focus on depicting asymmetrical warfare with a guerilla force and counterinsurgency operations.

* Multiplayer modes

o Cooperative scenarios featuring the British units, vehicles and equipment.

* Engine Improvements

o Extension of the Engineer's role

o Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units

Arma 2: British Armed Forces will be deployed exclusively for PC on 26th August 2010.

It will be available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99

So how exactly will this be, for lack of a better word, protected? Like if I buy the DLC then what's to stop me passing it to my mate I wonder...
Your dignity?[/

Originally Posted by rexehuk

How will NON-DLC users be handled? Would be a shame if servers became unusable by others due to them running this DLC. Then we will have more divisions between Vanilla / ACE / DLC.

We have a solid plan to address this problem

There is a campaign and there are new voices recorded for the game including complete new sets of British radio protocols. Yes, there are British voice actors. We even managed to get Geordie and Scottish accents.
:winner_first:

As of today, we have a "solid plan" but not a straight answer for compatibility issues in MP. Everything (for me anyways) will hinge on that, although it will be great to have british units in our game.

Its not fair on guys who don't want to pay for it to put it on our pub server, almost all of that is or would be available free but as a package of different mods.

I'm really surprised BIS are going down this route, in my opinion they should leave it to the modders and fix things like the ammo crate bug before this :beatdeadhorse:

Its not fair on guys who don't want to pay for it to put it on our pub server, almost all of that is or would be available free but as a package of different mods.

I'm really surprised BIS are going down this route, in my opinion they should leave it to the modders and fix things like the ammo crate bug before this :beatdeadhorse:

Personally, I think they should fix the bugs, which they said they have another development team working on currently, so that shouldn't be much of a worry. Now, the compatibility issues between those who do and those who don't have the DLC should be a mandatory issue. If they were to make it so that we can all play on one server, with a few British troops running around with their swords and bagpipes, it would be very cool. Maybe that's what they're talking about with the "engine update" thing.

Exclusive transcript of the new British dialogue from the opening scene of the British DLC campaign.

Somewhere in Takistan, 2012

A pilot, just off on a mission, runs past, and dashes into a Nissen hut

The squadron leader enters an RAF officers' mess and takes off his helmet

Bovril: Morning, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader: What-ho, Squiffy.

Bovril: How was it?

Squadron Leader: Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril: Er, I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader: It's perfectly ordinary banter, Squiffy. Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite right in the how's yer father ... hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril: No, I'm just not understanding banter at all well today. Give us it slower.

Squadron Leader: Banter's not the same if you say it slower, Squiffy.

Bovril: Hold on, then. (shouts) Wingco!

Wingco: Yes!

Bovril: Bend an ear to the squadron leader's banter for a sec, would you?

Wingco: Can do.

Bovril: Jolly good.

Wingco: Fire away.

Squadron Leader: (draws a deep breath and looks slightly uncertain, then starts even more deliberately then before) Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite ... right in the how's your father ... hairy blighter ... dicky-birdied ... ... feathered back on his Sammy ... took a waspy ... flipped over on his Betty Harper's ... and caught his can in the Bertie.

Wingco: ... No, don't understand that banter at all.

Squadron Leader: Something up with my banter, chaps?

A siren goes. The door bursts open and an out-of-breath young pilot rushes in in his flying gear.

Pilot: Bunch of monkeys on your ceiling, sir! Grab your egg and fours and let's get the bacon delivered.

General incomprehension. They look at each other

Wingco: Do you understand that?

Squadron Leader: No, didn't get a word of it.

Wingco: Sorry old man, we don't understand your banter.

Pilot: You know ... bally ten-penny ones dropping in the custard ... (searching for the words) um ... Charlie Choppers chucking a handful ...

Wingco: No, no ... sorry.

Bovril: Say it a bit slower, old chap.

Pilot: Slower banter, sir?

Wingco: Ra-ther!

Pilot: Um ... sausage squad up the blue end!

Squadron Leader: No, still don't get it.

Pilot: Um ... cabbage crates coming over the briny?

Squadron Leader: No.

Wingco, Pilot and Bovril: No, no ...

Stock film of an enemy bombing raid.

Voice Over: But by then it was too late. The first cabbage crates hit the British Base on July 7th. That was just the beginning...

Personally, I think they should fix the bugs, which they said they have another development team working on currently, so that shouldn't be much of a worry. Now, the compatibility issues between those who do and those who don't have the DLC should be a mandatory issue. If they were to make it so that we can all play on one server, with a few British troops running around with their swords and bagpipes, it would be very cool. Maybe that's what they're talking about with the "engine update" thing.

Here's a proper reply to the quote which has a quote of a quote....here , here.

J/k

Really though, these issues people are talking about have been addressed by the beta patch already in the works....so, job done mate.

I'm pleased that BIS is diversifying the field and they are actually targeting a large audience of the ArmA-verse, those in the UK and related, so cheers to them, after all they have been catering to us Americana's I must say.

Can't wait to hear the robo-blimey accent radio calls!

Really though, these issues people are talking about have been addressed by the beta patch already in the works....so, job done mate.

I haven't seen the reference in the new patch, does it say anything about those who don't have the DLC can still see the British troops, they just can't play them? I read somewhere that it'll probably just revert to US troops if that client doesn't have the DLC, but I'm sure they were prolly talking out of somewhere dark.

I haven't seen the reference in the new patch, does it say anything about those who don't have the DLC can still see the British troops, they just can't play them? I read somewhere that it'll probably just revert to US troops if that client doesn't have the DLC, but I'm sure they were prolly talking out of somewhere dark.

no was referring to Ammo box issues etc. Sorry to get your hopes up on being non-specific.

[72094] Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

There's already an Operation Arrowhead Beta Patch that fixes a lot of bugs including the ammo box bug, they have several teams working on different parts of new development. I'm thinking the new patch will come out in no more than a few weeks as it's been in Beta for a good amount of time.

Anyway I might grab this just because I like having lots of stuff to play with hehe..