Spartans Home

Hoping someone can host a coop mission :)

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I have started a thread at Blackfoot Studios and GR.Net about trying to introduce a GR-style mission template so that players can knock up missions using a formula quickly and easily and hopefully we will end up with a list of coop missions for up to 9 players.

Just finalising one such mission but need to test it out - could be ready for a run this weekend.

Anyone interested in playing and hosting perhaps?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So COOP mission for Arma-II

If you build it he will come .. euh i will come :thumbsup_anim:

there is somutch coming out .. the days our to short.

Yep if we are on at same time mate, is it near finished enough for a test on one of the dedi servers?

I have put this on the server for you - SPARTA Tactical Password lion (it is in regular mode).

A few points

You have called it co8_castle_day.chernarus, in the mission.sqm its called co9_Witch Fire, you should syncronise these names (there are 9 players)

You need to disable AI

The mission says its finished in 20seconds and restarts after 1 minute, the cycle repeats constantly.

It seems to be buggy during the load, I failed once, took a long time the second time, but the restart were quick.

I will leave the server up so you can check it yourself.

When you fix the problems please change the name as I need to stop all the servers to replace the mission, but can add a new one without having to do so.

Cheers

Z

Create a file called description.ext (if you havent already) and add this line

disabledAI = 1;

That will take care of the AI

in a file called init.sqf add these lines

setViewDistance 3000;

setterrainGrid 50;

This will set a reasonable view distance and get rid of the grass if you want to.

Cheers

Z

thanx mate - i had actually found the answers - ill set the grass to 25 which leaves a bit of eye candy at close range but clears it out at a distance - a fairer fight for both sides i guess.

do you think respawns - evn if it's only one is a good idea for these missions? trying to balance fun with realism.

also, thinking about a spectator script.

Dai's mission you can set respawns from zero to three at start, I think this is a good balance. I'm sure Dai can help with this :thumbsup:

well its working - i tested it with a couple of guys separately today but im not happy with the respawn/revive set up. ideally im looking for o1 or 2 respawns per player max with revive from medic only but basic heals from all classes.

looking at the 'Light Weight Revive script' the 'Revive script' which i think is too damn buggy, and the BIS First Aid system which seems gr8 but no respawns that i can see.

once i figure out the best way to do it ill send you the link Zeno.

wondering if Zeno has put this on the server to see if it works

if it does i will start on a second mission which will be a remake of another GR mission - Farm Night - downed aircraft and pilots hostage.

i wont do all GR remakes but just to get players into the flow and see how they compare to GR.

Its on the server, but it wont launch and I cant launch it locally. No errors are reported it just gets stuck after it reads the mission. , its on the tactical server now if you want to check. When I have time I'll take a look under the hood

my feeling initially is and having had a look at the mission file it tends to support my conclusion that fiddling around too much with a mission, adding removing, adding, removing, etc etc can make the code screwy much like used to happen with IGOR in Ghost Recon. not sure if any other experienced Arma scripters can confirm this.

i am thinking i will start from scratch and redo this mission on a clean palette now that i know exactly how i want it.

unless of course, you find the issue first Zeno :)