Spartans Home

Hoping someone can host a coop mission :)

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i can get on the server now and start game but it reboots after a minute if that and have to restart mission.

not sure about why that is happening.

will keep looking at this.

Does it only restart when it is running on a dedi server or also when you run it hosted from your pc or even in the preview of the editor.

Try to sort things out logically.

only happens on the server not on my pc nor in editor preview.

i think it has to do with the init.sqf which is a mess really -

//begin init.sqf
// JIP fix - why does ArmA execute init.sqf for JIP players, if 'player' is not sync'd yet
if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
 waitUntil {player == player};
};

if (isServer) then
{
//Init UPSMON scritp
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";	
};

//Process statements stored using setVehicleInit
processInitCommands;

//Finish world initialization before mission is launched. 
finishMissionInit;

setTerrainGrid 25; 
setViewDistance 3000;

//Initialises Briefing
execVM "briefing.sqf";

//random object spawn test
call compile format ["radio1 setPos [(getPos radio1pos%1 select 0),(getPos radio1pos%1 select 1),0]",ceil(random 3)];

//Hides area markers for urban patrol script
"area_1" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "area_1" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "area_1" select 1)];
"castle_1" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "castle_1" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "castle_1" select 1)];

if(true) exitWith {}; 

i will also check out the triggers.

this is a no respawn mission Dai but thanx for advice re: triggers.

i am doing the mission again on a clean skin anyway regardless of what the problem turns out to be - should load smoother in the end anyway.

I don´t see anything in your init.sqf what would cause a reboot or a crash. Must be something else. Must be one of the triggers which defines the success or failure of an objective or even of the mission. Check all the triggers for their conditions to be activated. Sometimes it is just a small logical misunderstanding for a trigger is activated...

interesting i tried my pbo files on my machine and it dint work

so i went back to original file fixed a couple of things up and did a new pbo which seems to work.

i will tweak one thing with it and then put it up tomorrow nite and see how that goes.

would really like to test this out with at least 6 - 9 players tomorrow if ppl are interested - i want to test the level of difficulty of the mission (make it harder or easier) especially given there are no respawns just a basic revive. i will jump in TS3 tomorrow and see if i can get ppl in - will only take 30 minutes or so to do mission and its a test for me to see if the formula for building GR-style missions is on track.

thanx in advance

Lighty.

hi Zeno - yeh i had a look at that - bloody thing still keeps resetting itself.

i am continuing to rebuild mission from scratch and see if that works properly otherwise i MH6 said it could be network issue and i need to adjust script to fit dedi. Will keep you posted.

we'll get there.

Lighty.

If it is the JIP issue I had in the Battle for Utes map you are talking about then I do have a few ideas for you:

First you have to edit your init.sqf. Put in these commands:

obj1=False;

obj2=False;

obj3=False;

publicVariable "obj1";

publicVariable "obj2";

publicVariable "obj3";

onplayerConnected {[] execVM "scripts\JIP.sqf"};

If you have more then 3 objectives just add obj4, obj5 etc.

Then put in the activation line of each of your objective triggers publicVariable "obj1"; obj1=true. For 2nd objective publicVariable "obj2"; obj2=true. And so on...

Create a new sqf file and call it JIP.sqf and save it into your scripts folder.

Inside this new file try out something like that:

If obj1=true then

{

Objective1 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";

"1" objstatus "Done";

};

If obj2=true then

{

Objective2 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";

"2" objstatus "Done";

};

If obj3=true then

{

Objective3 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";

"3" objstatus "Done";

};

But the definations have to be the same you use in your briefing.sqf

I don´t know what kind of task system you use in that particular mission so there could be some conflicts with that way I am using.

I hope this is of any help...

love your work brother - i will put that in today, it seems to be what the BIS forums were saying the problem was too but couldnt give me the code to ammend it.

i will actually switch my mission building model and start building them using Daisan's model with the taskhint, the scripts to add or complete objectives and the ability to add objective easily on the fly.

also got my copy of OA and in messing around with the graffix i actually discovered that i have been running Chernarus at 1680x1050 when i should have been running it on this 32" screem at 1920x1080 - the difference in look is massive!!

so anyway, things are all looking for the coop format and once its all working 100% then the missions will flow faster.

Lighty.

• 2 weeks later...

joy at last!!

i just played out the mission i made on the dedi and it worked properly start to finish.

at this point i can make some changes to improve it, but the main thing is it does what it is supposed to do - woot!

i have already commenced work on a second mission - this time using Combined Operations and Zargabad - another GR-style mission.

i have just completed the updates to my first mission and would like players to try it today - to have a reasonable chance at completing this we really need about 5 or 6 players.

it is a classic GR-style mission and takes place at the Arma2 version of castle_day (unfortunately it is nowhere near as good as the original GR castle but nothing will ever beat that gem).

do i have any takers?

mission will take about 30 - 40 minutes at most i reckon and will be a nice change from Dom.

no addons required and kits are pre-assigned.

I am willing so let me know if i can join ...(if there's to many il step aside ..)

What time .... european.. (dutch) :question: