Spartans Home

Domination! 2

Kavlarakos~SPARTA~

Wait 5 days and you can post that again. :P.. and again.. and again.

um, did I miss something? I thought it was released today (well, yesterday). Apparently I'm too dumb to know when I'm being made fun of... :'(

• 2 months later...

New version for domination2 v2.22

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10993

Changelog:

v2.22

# Changed, HALO type can now be selected in the lobby (new OA system or old implementation, default old system)

# Fixed, internal backpack now working properly again

# Fixed, sidemission where you had to destroy tanks didn't work in the ACE version

# Added, MANDO version with mando missiles (be aware that the MANDO version has ~7 MB because it's using the mando missile script suite)

# Fixed, missing config file for the FSMCompiler in dom_maker added again

# and some more changes under the hood

Edited by IDAN~SPARTA~

Hello my name Fish, use to play with clan sparta about 5 months ago. I'm sorry for this lost post I am not allowed to post new comments, can only reply so figured id post it here in the map I played in a lot.

After returning to the game from some time away I do not see any sparta servers online. Sometimes I see a sparta tac dome pw protected server but I see no people there at all. Is this clan still going strong or what?

I enjoyed spending my time with clan sparta and playing on their maps, however at the time of this post and prior 2 weeks I have yet to see any operational sparta servers or members.

Please advise if my pursuits for a clan should be directed elsewhere, or that I may continue to play with the clan, providing they infact do still play. Dated 07/22/10

Hi Mother (or Fish)

Just put SPARTA in as a filter and you should see at least 3 servers up and running at any one time (usually more).

I have noted that sometimes when using an ArmA Launcher the browser is a bit flaky, but ingame they should always show up.

Be good to see you on the battlefield.

Hello my name Fish, use to play with clan sparta about 5 months ago. I'm sorry for this lost post I am not allowed to post new comments, can only reply so figured id post it here in the map I played in a lot.

After returning to the game from some time away I do not see any sparta servers online. Sometimes I see a sparta tac dome pw protected server but I see no people there at all. Is this clan still going strong or what?

I enjoyed spending my time with clan sparta and playing on their maps, however at the time of this post and prior 2 weeks I have yet to see any operational sparta servers or members.

Please advise if my pursuits for a clan should be directed elsewhere, or that I may continue to play with the clan, providing they infact do still play. Dated 07/22/10

Hi Mother (or Fish)

Just put SPARTA in as a filter and you should see at least 3 servers up and running at any one time (usually more).

I have noted that sometimes when using an ArmA Launcher the browser is a bit flaky, but ingame they should always show up.

Be good to see you on the battlefield.

Yes I've used sparta as my filter and only see the one arena which is pw protected. Is it because I don't own the new AO expansion that I'm unable to view the spartan arena's? As far as lauchers go, I have no mods just using all the game default options, although everytime I log in it says patch version 1.07 is available for download. I found a fix for that problem where your suppose to individually upgrade to version 1.05 first then 1.07 but still have that same issue, with the patcher showing up as a download. Perhaps this the source of my problem not being shown all the servers.

actually my nephew has the same issue - his name is Blazzin - not sure if you banned him from servers but he cant find Sparta in his filters either. i can though on the same pc - hows that work?

Even if someone was banned from the server you cant ban them from seeing it in the browser.

quick rant -

1. I know some players will swear occasionally in a battle but as a Public Server, I think an effort needs to be made to control it. When every second word is swearing then thats unacceptable imo. I swear like anyone else irl but I think the server is at risk of deteriorating if it just becomes a swearfest. It's just unnecessary - and the tone with which it is being used by some at present is overly aggressive - take a chill pill or get out of the server..period.

2. This CQB style of domination isn't working the way I expected - some players are planting a brdm or btr high on the hills above an AO and just mowing everything down with hvy machine gun fire - which is just f*ked for the grunts who want some cqb action. We even had one ass conitnuing to fire around friendlies after we had taken the AO - this just pisses me off.

3. Again, CQB is not CQB if all the assets are taken out by air or armored vehicles - no fun for the guys on the ground.

I don't know if I'm alone here but I hope that if we do decide to focus on CQB domination that we eliminate all the non-CQB bullshit.

rant over..

Lighty

• 2 weeks later...

New version 2.28

Changelog:

v2.28

# Fixed, some TT sidemissions were to close to the east base

# Changed, if you change the mission and lock any of the standard Dom vehicles and choppers in the editor they will respawn locked once destroyed

# Fixed, a bracket to much completely broke ranked version weapon cargo script. The script parser doesn't report an additional bracket as an error

# Fixed, placing a MG nest was broken

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10993

About the swearing issue, I do totally agree.

Although i think we know who are we talking about and he is overall a good guy, the swearing thing could be fun for the first 2 or 3 minutes, but then it becomes a bit too much.

Most importantly, considering it happens on an open public server, if a new guest join, definetely might get the wrong impression.

However, I am pretty sure it can be easily fixed. Someone has to take the guy apart on another channel and just ask friendly to behave, i do not think it will be an issue at all.