Spartans Home

So how is this game?

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Not much of Arma in it but its sure is fun to play I am really enjoying it, I'm still playing ArmaII tho for coop.

Is this game basically a cross between CoD4 and ARMA?

I'd say it is overall closer to CoD4. The ability to communicate on TS3 makes the game far more enjoyable. As far as tactics go, they are employed at the most basic levels, i.e. flanking charging, defending. Basically whatever you do, try and coordinate it so it happens en mass and the chances of success grow rapidly.

Personally, my favorite game mode is 16 player Team Death Match because teamwork is all you have to rely on and therefore all that should be focused on. With Conquest and Rush, you have objectives and the rule more than the exception that I have found is that it normally breaks down into a 32 player team deathmatch. People tend to play with more of a 'kill the enemy' mentality instead of the defend or attack the objectives mentality. This unfortunately is nothing new to this style of FPS.

All in all the game is very well made and put together. The support as far as patches and adjusting the game for balance has been 95% positive. As with all games we have 'features' we like and dislike, and this game is no exception. What they have done, they have done very well, as players of previous BF installments have commented many times on DICEs' consistency through the series.

The bottom line is that when you are playing with friends who are willing to communicate, coordinate, and achieve the objectives, you can't go wrong. Otherwise, wait till they come online.

I did play a few rounds last night with mainly spartans and RazorEBDA and it was noticably more tactical and less mayhem than usual, this was without having to enforce any ingame rules or don't use this or that kit it just happened :D

I think Medic is spot on with his comments but hopefully when everyone has ranked up and we can play with balanced squads i.e. one medic, assault, eng etc it will even more fun than it is at the moment.

Yar. But, its really not the weapons that get you, I mean all weapons shoot a bullet at some level or capacity. I could probably do almost as well with the base assault weapon as with my M416.

Now the perk upgrades, yeah thats a different story.

Hey Zath :)

Honestly, when u start and u r new on this game, it can be seriously frustrating, especially if you r not used to play games at such fast speed, fast pace rythm.

I am not used to these games (Mechwarrior and arma are way slower that this..) but i have to say I am enjoying the game.

Newbee suggestion:

Don t jump on the HardCore expecting to have more fun. especially when you are new out of the box the HC is the very wrong choice. It will give you way less points you get on a standard server and you will die at an impressive speed :)

Standard server IMO are way better to familiarize with the game dynamics and provide you way more points (not sure why, but is true). You need points to unlock some basic feature and new weapons.

My fav game mode is Conquest. I do not agree with medic about the fact ppl plays conquest with the "kill the man" mindset. either I ve been lucky or the few servers i use to play on are quite good as players.

I had no chance to play too much with the fellow Spartans on the server i play on, because they are not HC, nonetheless, I found pretty simple to interact with the Squads I work with and i see that there is a decent amount of tactic and team movement on the Conquest.

Too bad some maps are ridicoulously small to be Conquests, but it is still fun. Sometimess I play on server with max 16 players, so the smaller maps are not so overcrowded. My fav servers are around 24 players.

Conquest is also good to achieve point not necessarely killing players. I have to admit, probably i m not that great at fast FPS, so att least I can team play with my squad, move together and focus on get flags, which is giving me a good amount of points and provide defensive and attack kills also gives some more points.

You are very welcome to add me to ure buddy list Zath, so sometimes we can play together on those servers and it will help you to steam out some frustration this game invitably will give u :)

Name in game, of course, Batwing :)