Spartans Home

Computer problem in florida

Technical Support, how can I help you?

FEMALE CALLER: 'Last night my computer started making a lot of hissing noise at me so I shut it down. This morning when I turned it on the computer started hissing and cracking, then started smoking and a bad smell, then nothing'.

TECH SUPPORT: 'I will have a technician come over first thing this morning. Leave the computer just like it is, so they can find the problem and fix it, or change it out with another computer. Give me your address; phone number and the technician will be there just as soon as he can'.

When the technician got there, the lady showed him where the computer was, said what happened to it, this is what the technician found wrong. Take a look at the pictures... YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES....

And you thought YOU had computer problems!!!

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

That snake got alot of its body out of the fan rotating at a high rate of speed. I cant imagine that the snake was ambitious enough to keep going at it if the blade was moving. Mayby fan was dead first. Mayby snake shorted out something and fan stopped. Question, how did it crawl in there through there in the first place, there is no room in a PS for a snake to crawl into if the side cover was off, they are bolted together or are screwd to the top very tightly, I assume for air flow. You can see in the first picture that the PS is fully enclosed. I think this is a planted snake and a made up picture.

It was sent to me buy email, you know. Still strange. You would be supprised on what would get into what. Dam bugs here will get into anything. And if it was cold they seek warm. I have seen dead bugs in p/c before. Just like the giant bee hive I found in my Lp tank box on the back pouch last week. A wile ago saw a hawk swoop down and took a black snake out of my back yard.

The wife left the garage door open one evening and it was cool out, she went out to close the door and get something out of the jeep. I hard her screem, so I ran out there real fast and found a 4 foot long king snake on the drivers door window still, streched out all along it. We called animal contol and buy the time they got here the snake had gone. Searched the jeep real good, under the seats and under the dash with a spot light and mirrior, no snake, it must have gone back out side. It was still warm from being in the sun all day wile she was at work. I have seen alot of stuff liveing in florida.

I got a call dureing a brush fire one time. for a division of forestry small cat bulldozer that had flung the fan belts off. it seems the the fire was under control and the dozer was cutting fire breaks up the the woods. He shut it down and the next day early in the morning returned to the dozer, started it up and the fan belts flew off. I got there and had to unbolt the cover and found a 6 foot rattle snake got up in there dureing the night wrapped him self all around the front of the engine and when the engine was started it got caught in the belts causeing them to fly off. The snake was dead, but you will never know what you will find here.

Like the time a when I was working for the county. We got a call, a full size road grader a cat g12 got a flat tire. Seems the operatior had ran over a 12 foot rattle snake and the snake bitt the tire side wall causeing it to go flat. Those were 12 ply tires on that grader, and the snake bitt right thru it. It had 2 2" fangs still in the side wall of the tire. Scary place to live here in florida.

So after seeing that stuff over the years here, It would not suprise me one bitt.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~