Spartans Home

Question about MHQ placment

BigWorm~SPARTA~

Hey guys, been on your server for 4 or so months now and it seems to be the norn that the MHQ doesnt get placed anywhere near the AO, am i wrong? 500m or so outside main AO? Ran into afew player that wanted to drive it in close.. instructed them this is not the norm but i could be wrong... Searched forums for a no-nonsense approach of MHQ placment. Couldnt find anything. The one guy said i was over-reacting and he has played in the server for afew months now. Im not trying to be an admin just trying to keep up the standard you have here? Thanks...

I don't know if there's any official rule (as I'm still "new" to the server) but I like playing it 800m away.

AI tens to wander around the AO sometimes and the opfor can send them 500m out of the AO, heck once I saw the MHQ got shot by a SU when it was 480m away from the AO

KalXen would probably be able to explain this more efficiently then I can, but Beta is essentially correct. While the Human OPFOR cannot exit the bounds of the Main AO at all, they can send AI outside of it up to 500m. This could allow them to order an attack on the MHQ. This is why it's crucial that the MHQ be stationed well away from the AO border and kept as hidden as possible as well.

Depends on how many guys ingame and if we have an Opfor commander, as a rule of thumb 500M+ is safe. If anyone drives the MHQ into a risky position and we lose it and doesn't have a very good reason why will lose driving priviledges for a period.

Look at it this way: Like Custard says, you can drive it closer, but if you leave it in a stupid position and it gets blown up, it's your head that's going to be rolling, and there will be no "benefit of the doubt."

One can leave it 500m outside the AO, but if it's totally in an open area, AI can still kill it. Same with bringing it inside the AO once action has diminished to where it's safe to move forward. Basically think tactically and don't be a bonehead.

i think you did right in telling them not to move it too close.

depends on the ao location/size and if it's infantry and if there is human opfor.

it's pretty safe against ai only as long as noone is inside it.

if i'm opfor than the mhq is a golden target :D

tbh never had a problem with the placement, sometimes its pretty far but i'll get a bike or parachute to the hot zone, but i don't like dying so i try not to use the mhq much ;)

Edited by PANiC

Thanks guys! just was really frustrating telling Art not to move the MHQ and he did it anyways. There has been lately a recent rash of individuals who are making poor choices in game. I know im not a member, just trying to help.

Let us know if it happens again. If the server gets out of control, let any moderator know if they are on TS and one will be happy to come in and start kicking/banning people or revoking flight rights, regardless of being on TS or not. I'll be happy to come in and move the server to Veteran mode if it helps gameplay and keeps kids out.

*nods*

I think it was a couple nights ago Helo 1 and 3 were parked at the AO with no one using them.

Helo 3 was damaged but Helo 1 was flyable.

Actually I once saw the HQ inside the AO when I joined one night, been there for a while too (no human opfor)

*nods*

I think it was a couple nights ago Helo 1 and 3 were parked at the AO with no one using them.

Helo 3 was damaged but Helo 1 was flyable.

Actually I once saw the HQ inside the AO when I joined one night, been there for a while too (no human opfor)

Anyone who parks their helo at the main AO to get out and fight will automatically lose their flight privelages. No warning from me, because I'm tired of telling everyone multiple times. The only exception is if there are less than 5 people on the server, or if they're on the side mission, which is obviously not part of the main AO anyways.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...ost&p=45627

Anyone who parks their helo at the main AO to get out and fight will automatically lose their flight privelages. No warning from me, because I'm tired of telling everyone multiple times. The only exception is if there are less than 5 people on the server, or if they're on the side mission.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...ost&p=45627

Agreed :D