Spartans Home

hey hey

Morgan

Got caught lurking this morning by Delta....(forgot the forum shows who is online.,..doh!).. so thought I would say hi...

Hope everyone is well.

LoS is looking good...I see tons of new members! Congrats to all on some amazing growth.

I would love to join you but sadly I am no longer able to play most games.

Shortly before I left I started having vision problems and would often die in ARMA2 because I did not see stuff.

Long story short, after semi-successful eye surgery on a detached retina I can only play slow moving games, and not for really long periods. I play Eve a bit as that has pretty low key images and the action, such as it is for a minin' foo such as meself, it not exactly intense....:)

I really wish i could join in.... was reading about some of the modded stuff.... genius at work for sure! I sure do miss you guys... lot of good memories here.

Stay well.

Edited by Morgan

eh Morgan sorry to here about the Vision problem.. Halli knows alot about seeing things too j/k.. that really suxs yea

alot of new members to shoot at. these days i always think of the good ole days in Arma 2 kicking ass hats but eh we

gotta do something to keep the game alive free of retards.

Heheh... well its not so bad...I play a few games like the Civ series and my old copy of Starcraft... cant play even Solitaire though... the green ;table top' color is almost an immediate migraine inducer.

if ya need an extra body in Eve gimme a holler, Id be happy to help..not getting too far by myself.

how bout this just get on ts and talk to us i miss yea always some to talk 2 at 2 am :P

Ah, my young Padawan.... good to see you still have your tags...;p

You know, if I ever had a son, I'd want him to be just like...... Cylawyer...

Will see what I can do about TS one day soon.

Cy talks about his ass way too much though. Maybe Zeno would be a better choice. ;)

I once told X-Wind if I had a son I'd want him to be like YOU....

But then you had to go and post that vid in your sig.... Zeno it is...;p

Been reading about the TacDom nights a bit in a couple of other threads and it seems like it might be slow and methodical enough that it would be something I could participate in.

I think I am going to reinstall tonight and give it a shot tomorrow, if there are no objections to me tagging along. If it turns out to be too much then at least I can say I tried...:)

I appreciate the invite Halli, thanks much.

With shoddy vision, why not read up on leadership and tactics? If you buried your face in the ARMA2 map, especially once ACE2 and the Maptools equipment is up, you can integrate yourself quite well into the game without any fear of looking sideways too fast and having your eyeball flop out. (I know, sucks man, happens to me all the time).

There's a silver lining here...You could rival Blackdog1 and become the next famous ARMAII commander in a PC Gamer Mag article!

Reminds me of this guy onearm wally. Took me forever to really get that he plays games with one arm. Uses his right on the mouse and his toes for the keyboard. cool beans.

See we don't discriminate at SPARTA!

(Hope I wasn't too out of bounds with this post?)

With shoddy vision, why not read up on leadership and tactics? If you buried your face in the ARMA2 map, especially once ACE2 and the Maptools equipment is up, you can integrate yourself quite well into the game without any fear of looking sideways too fast and having your eyeball flop out. (I know, sucks man, happens to me all the time).

There's a silver lining here...You could rival Blackdog1 and become the next famous ARMAII commander in a PC Gamer Mag article!

Reminds me of this guy onearm wally. Took me forever to really get that he plays games with one arm. Uses his right on the mouse and his toes for the keyboard. cool beans.

See we don't discriminate at SPARTA!

(Hope I wasn't too out of bounds with this post?)

If there is functionality coming, or available within the game for this type of a role I'd be all over it. Used to do this sort of thing very informally with the Arti officer interface (some may recall that). Find a nice safe hidey hole and try to provide an overwatch of sorts to fireteams entering and operating in the towns while I waited for my Arti to become available.

No idea what Maptools are or what they will do but it sounds kinda intriguing...:)

I'd prefer to not lose eyeballs..and everyone who knows me knows I'm all about supporting the team and stuff... so I will have to look into this a little more.

MorganDog1

Tried the re-install but the 1.05 patch wouldn't go....kept erroring out.

Prolly for the best though, I really shouldn't be playing Shooters anyway. Think I was just hit with a wave of nostalgia...:)

Anyway, I am in Eve most evenings, if anyone needs a hand with mining or refining or whatever, my game name is Gnosh Master. I'd love to help ya guys out if I can. (Im heavy on industry skills and workin on some mission capability at the moment)... was nice to see y'all again.

/salute

Heheh thanks bud... Ive just started lvl 2 missions.. built myself a mission runner but still having trouble finding lvl 2 agents with a decent quality score. Built myself a salvage ship, works real nice. Ive got a decent hauler, and of course my Hulk for mining, so lot of options there for helpin out.

So, after 7 or 8 months of learning. skilling up and mining my face off, Im starting to expand into new areas of the game like mission running and manufacturing, and so on.

It is slow and there really isnt a social aspect in it for me, since I just run around by myself and do stuff, so I would like to find a home where there are occasionally people around to chat with.

If there is a spot for me in the LOSC effort that would be cool, if not then thats cool too. Ive done alright to this point...:)