Spartans Home

Exhibition Shooters

Allmost like a old west shooting gallery. Im mad i missed out on all the fun! Those guys are talented!

Like a exhibition shooter that shoots 50,000 rounds a year to stay honed, after shooting so much, you become one with the machine and get to the point that you don't need sights any more, you simply know where its going to hitt. Few people have acheaved this thru out history, like Bufflow Bill cody, Anny oakley Herb parsons, Tom Knapp. These people did it with out spotters and lazer range finders shooting playing cards in hafe buy hitting the edge of it. Or to shoot a coin tossed in the air. Thats talant!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

you want to see some cool shooting wacth the vids.

http://www.truveo.com/search?query=Exhibit...n%20Shooters%20

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Wild Bill Hickock once bet he could put all 6 shots in the sign "saloon" in one of the Os on top of the saloon roof from 100 feet away, with an old cap and round ball old colt navy model, and did it on a regular baseis.

Yes there is real talented folks out there that can simpley amaze you on how they can shoot. Old bob here is the fastest gun in the world, he holds 18 world records in shooting. He can shoot 2 targets or two things in front of him in 2-100ths of a second, so fast it sounds like one shot. This is real talant!

I have put one arrow into another at 20 metres, but only by accident. that guy is amazing. I have a Yamaha recurve bow with 40 lbs draw weight and that feels heavy. His bow, a recurve longbow, has a draw weight of 70 lbs, that is huge.

Very impressive shots, especially on the small moving targets.

I have put one arrow into another at 20 metres, but only by accident. that guy is amazing. I have a Yamaha recurve bow with 40 lbs draw weight and that feels heavy. His bow, a recurve longbow, has a draw weight of 70 lbs, that is huge.

Very impressive shots, especially on the small moving targets.

I didn't know you shoot. 70lbs seems to be astronomical for a longbow, I'm wondering if that was a typo or something. I got a PSE compound when I was around 11, and shot as a hobby until I was 18-19, and now I'm trying to get back into it. I've been trying to get more information around here on where to get started with a recurve/longbow, and I've gotta measure myself again and figure out how many pounds I can pull. I'll probably go with another PSE if I don't find something cheaper and more versatile. I've contacted an archery club here to see who around the area makes their own bows. That would be a prized-possession for me.

I havent shot for ages, but I was a club member and shot twice a week. I wasnt particularly good, I did get 500/600 at 20 metres, compound bowmen almost always got 600/600. Compound bows were not allowed at my club since they tended to destroy the bosses due to their precision.

My first arrows were aluminium and when you hit them they split and peel back, The last arrows I bought were carbon fibre and very thin, I dont remember if I ever hit one of those.

Medieval longbows recovered from the Mary Rose had 100-160 lb draw weights at 30" draw length. I doubt that I could draw the string and hold, I would most likely release involuntarily.

Glad to hear you enjoy archery bud.

PS That guy has humility and a sense of humour, almost makes you appreciate his shots even more.

Byron Ferguson is pretty fun to watch. Humble, entertaining, and his wife likes to chide him every now and then about putting her in his path, lol.

One of these days, when I get the money, I'll most likely be buying myself an English Yew Longbow, if only for the historical significance it has had. There's a group in my area called "The Ye Olde Fartes and Sore Losers Club" that I might join soon, lol.

Sounds like a blast. I want to join up in the ww2 reinactiors. I just missed the reinactment if the battle of the buldge agian in P.A. Dammit man! I also want to start building ww2 replica vehicles. Hey durka do you have a bouther named paul? I used to know some massengales up north.

As soon as this economy gets better Im selling and moveing up to P.A and open up a custom shop building ww2 vehicles and rail buggys and the like.

Sounds like a blast. I want to join up in the ww2 reinactiors. I just missed the reinactment if the battle of the buldge agian in P.A. Dammit man! I also want to start building ww2 replica vehicles. Hey durka do you have a bouther named paul? I used to know some massengales up north.

As soon as this economy gets better Im selling and moveing up to P.A and open up a custom shop building ww2 vehicles and rail buggys and the like.

I went to a WWII reinactment here once, and there were a bunch of old German motorcycles with the side cars on them that were in top condition. BMWs. It was really neat to see.

Ya im talking hafe tracks, duce and ahafes and kulbul wagons, cj2a m38a1 jeeps. And maybe a full scale tiger1 tank with a cat diesel in it. Don't know where to get the tracks, I might be able to hire a foundry to make the track links, it won't be cheap though, $50,000 to build one or more, and were to get the turret ring. I might be able to use something off of a dragg line, and maybe agg track There are alot of real wealthy guys in the reinactor area that would just love a tiger 1 tank. A ton of sheet steel needed. Build a real sturdie box tube frame, and hang the sheet steel to it 1/4" plate They allready have some rebuilt modded to look like a tiger old russan T34s running on a couple of cyclinders. It would be cool to build a reproduction Tiger1 Full size.

call me a dreamer.

What a thing of beauty

http://www.alanhamby.com/video9.html