Spartans Home

Operation Arrowhead website is up

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Desert Domination, here we come!

my only concenn and i am sure they have thought of how to fix it is how to provide cover.

Arma suffered from super AI bcoz you had no cover so the AI could detect you from huge distance i believe.

Arma2 cover was/is brilliant with the fixed trees issue.

but back to desert = super AI? i hope not.

• 3 weeks later...
The latest issue of PC Gamer (US edition, April 2010) has a two-page feature on Operation Arrowhead. If anyone here is interested, please let me know and I will scan it and post links.

would you kindly put that up thank you son

lolz

Here, as promised, are the scans. Turned out a bit big; I thought my scanner was set for 300dpi but it was 600dpi instead.

**EDIT** Use your browser's zoom keys to find a good size for reading (usually Ctrl + / Ctrl -)

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

On a different note, I'm kind of concerned as to how much needs to change as far as textures and if each model that's an addon will take another LOD. See as it stands there's about on average about 8-9 different LODs (level of detail or different models) per actual model...so think of it models within a "model" or .P3D file which makes up the model for the addon. Some aircraft have up to 3-4 different LODS depending on different textures or "camo" per-say or if the aircraft has different racks for bombs. Now some have made it easier with additional addons to simplify racks for different loads, but that's another complication in itself (take some of the F-16's, some have racks systems that will make your head swim). This concerns me because texturing can be somewhat of a biz-nitch (other choice word)! I don't want to get started on no-HQ and HQ textures then RVMATS, blah blah etc.

I hope that details are covered fairly soon after the game is released so conversions can be started (I'm sure the community will be right on top of this)...I also hope they don't change the game in porting over stuff as some crap doesn't work right from ArmA 1 to ArmA 2 and you have to do quite a bit of fandangling.

Just my 2 cents as a modder ;) but still siked!

Edited by SirSmokalot

Great presentation.

On the video, i love the way they take care of particulars. The way they built that tree is amazing, so I hope they keep that quality all of the way through the full game.

They don t sayy, but i think they channged the engine because graphic looks so more realistic now, and maybe that is the reason why is an "expansion" which needs to be a stand-alone. Heavily modified graphic engine, becomes a new game.

About portability, I am not a Modder and I have no idea, but as a logiic thought, i would say.. so far the engine can read the scripts as instructions, those will be portable. Graphic stuff and various LODs, i start to think about a different engine will not recognize those textures. I could be tootally wrong. However i have a feeling that there is something radically different to perform this new graphic level.

I hope they will work a bit better on the AI. I love Arma2 but I cannot play the Single player because the Artificial Stupidity, and i think it s a real shame.