Spartans Home

Idle servers

Zeno~SPARTA~

Unless anyone raises major issues we are going to change the settings on some of the ArmA servers. We will change the persistent setting so that when there is noone on the server it will restart and hold in idle mode.

An empty domination server uses about 500-600kb of ram once the mission has been started. An empty server holding in the creation lobby uses 1/10th of this.

The affected servers will be

Air domination and Sahrani domination.

Let us know if this causes a problem.

Cheers

Z

No troubles on it. Still hoping for broader interest to extend dom play to other maps, like Sahrani. Chernarus is becoming old-hat, no matter what we do to spice it up.

Maybe you want to try playing against Luggage as the Opfor commander and try not to die, it's a challenge

Ah, I see. Well, my only concern about this would be the loss of gained assets from Side Missions, which seem to be the concentration among the regulars of Sahrani anyway. Although, if plan B happens to be to remove the server entirely, then plan A it is. =)

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the air dom server is rebooting every few minutes. Each time several people are connected and it boots them. Seems to be happening between 15 minutes and 30 minutes of play time (but that could be incorrect, just guessing).

Edited by Rooster

Hey sorry I'm reviving an old thread but RL issues have been at a forefront for the last couple weeks. Last night was my first time on in a while so I'm slightly behind the 8 ball here.

Tyler has the right thinking and an accurate complaint re: Sahrani server. Sahrani is also the primary server on which I play. Ever since the tweak that allowed us to get 30 urals/shilkas/tungs per bonus aircraft (ok I may be exaggerating but not by much!), having the server reset would be is a massive loss esp when we actually get a bonus aircraft.

I'm sure that the cost/benefit ratio is probably all screwed up with having a limited amount of resources used only by a handful of people, but the resets do "hinder the flow" of the game. However, I also agree with Tyler that I'd rather have option A than option B...

Oh yeah, plus I like going into the server and seeing (and adding onto) my 1000 point game! ;) (seriously, this last point was just for fun)