Spartans Home

Domination Panthera 117

Ebden~SPARTA~

Bushlurker brought Domination onto Panthera. Great! I've wanted to try this map. Any thoughts on putting the map and mission on one of the servers?

I'm thinking it could either be on it's own, or be available for an admin to run from the missions menu on the Sahrani server (essentially turning the Sahrani server into an 'Alternate-map' server for dom or other custom missions).

In theory the server could include both on the -mod command line param. But not sure what that does for memory consumption. Panthera is around 300meg.

Doing a conversion to it is relatively simple. I already tried Dom on Panthera (just didn't release it like Bushlurker did) and was not entirely impressed due to the flatness of the map. AA just tears up that airfield to the north, forcing the AO options to be limited more southernly.

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~

For Dom, it means the logic doesn't spawn objects where the land is too much of am incline and hence spawns all 70 troops on the one flat road in the valley. Turkey shoot, no challenge.

I'm sure it would just mean being very cautious on where you picked the AO's to be. I'd still love to try it.

Hey ebden send me a message time/date when you want to do some alt missions Ill join you..........i live on the east coast Im usually on between 1700-2100 but recently ive been in the editor learning that and finishing up a campaign that downloaded....

Edited by SkeleTele~SPARTA~

The issue I have with Panthera is the quality of the textures used on the map. Something about it makes me slightly sick when looking at them.

The issue I have with Panthera is the quality of the textures used on the map. Something about it makes me slightly sick when looking at them.

Sick like poorly made, or sick like lunch on your shoes? The reason I'm excited about Panthera is that a different environment would be fun. I don't know if domination is or isn't the best way to try the new map, but the advantages are different objectives throughout which give reason to see the map with some pseudo-purpose, and the ability for it to flow with JIP versus a focused user mission.

Custom user-created missions is a topic for another thread. I have several threads running for specific mission types, but check for a new one where I've tried to consolidate some of the info from mine and others.