Spartans Home

ArmA II reliability

DaiSan

I'm not sure what is happening with the DOM servers but it seems to me that ArmA II is becoming more unstable.

There always seems to be people hanging, crashing, I now get more frequent CTD's. I don't get this problem while editing, or playing on the TAC server so I'm wondering what is being done to the DOM one.

After upgrading to the most recent Nvidia drivers--the release that boasts a 12% performance increase for Arma2--I started having the same CTD problems. I discovered the solution for my rig by complete accident...

If I have Post Processing (under Advanced Visual settings) set to 'None' or 'Very High', the game runs just fine. If I use any other PP setting, the game will crash within a couple of minutes.

But at least Nvidia's claims of a performance increase seem to be true: I now enjoy an average 4fps INCREASE by using the 'Very High' setting as opposed to 'None', and of course the game looks better. The game also runs better in Windowed mode while Fraps is running, which is great, because I've captured some really great stuff whilst playing with you folks. I have footage of a helicopter making a nice UPSIDE-DOWN landing on a house (rotors still spinning!); and from the TacDom game of Oct 9th, I have footage of someone shooting down an enemy aircraft with a Stinger or some other such implement, which would not be terribly remarkable except for the fact that the downed aircraft was flying in a direct line towards me, and it came to a burning halt only 7m or 8m in front of me. When I have about 5 minutes or so of such footage, I'll post it on YouTube.

Since upgrading to the new Nvidia drivers and disabling hyper-threading (for my i7) and PhysX acceleration (for my GTX280), I have gone from crashing five times a day, to a few times per week. I can actually play an entire day with no problems now.

Everything is running fine on the Tac server and on the UK Dom server for me, played for a while tonight and it ran great. I had a terrible job trying to join the US Dom server tonight, 5 times and every time it CTD just before spawning me and when I was back to desktop I had a constant 4meg download occurring. Give it 2 mins and the dload stopped, retry ArmA, same deal.

Zeno reset the server because others couldn't connect either and it was fine after that.

Excuse me dropping in but you guys know about the 'flush' command right?

It will release any memory that arma may have tied up.

'Left Shift'+'NumPad -' (The minus sign on the number pad) and type f l u s h (the word flush without any spaces)

So again it's:

Left Shift +NumPad minus then type flush

I had it bound to a G key when I could still play.

Not sure if it will work on the server...might via radmin.

Anyway I hope it helps someone enjoy the game.

Also if you have an i7 disabling HT will help.

HI ,

ARMA 2 CRASHed for me TODAY EVERY 20 M IN ALL SPARTA SERVERS ANY ONE HAVE AN ADVISE ABOUT HOW TO Reduce

it.

until today the game crashed every 4-5 hours for me wich was still playable.

does it happens because of hardware or softwere,i have a pretty strong system

quad core q6700 3.0 ghz (overclocked)

ati 4870 x2

4 gig ram.

LOVE PLAYING ARMA 2,BUT THE FRUSTRATION IS TOO MUCH.

THX

Which operating system do you have?

The servers were all reconfigured a couple of weeks ago so nothing has changed on our end.

Have you added new software or updated something.

After that it could be a hardware issue, check your temps.

Clean out any dust in the cooling fins of your system.

The servers were all reconfigured a couple of weeks ago so nothing has changed on our end.

After that it could be a hardware issue, check your temps

my temps are fine not above 55c while playing.

i'm runnung win 7

the system is dust free (clean it once a month)

yesterday i added the mod that fixes the Compass ,i thought iT was not stable because of that so i removed it,but it's still not stable.

Something else must have changed on your system, were there any program updates.

Try cleaning out your mpmissions cache maybe there is a conflict in there between 2 versions of the same map.

In vista it can be found in Users\NAME\AppData\Local\ArmA2

7 may be different

Something else must have changed on your system, were there any program updates.

Try cleaning out your mpmissions cache maybe there is a conflict in there between 2 versions of the same map.

In vista it can be found in Users\NAME\AppData\Local\ArmA2

7 may be different

ok thanks

found the files ,i'LL give it a try