Spartans Home

Who's up for some smaller Arma2 coop missions?

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I'd like to jump in the private server and start playing some of the smaller coop missions to see how good they are. Who's interested?

We should try and hook up some coop sessions to try out all these missions and seek out new ones to add to the list.

At its peak, the Alpha Squad server of Ghost Recon days would have 20+ players in a server picking any one of about 100 missions to play which would last up to 1 hour - no player enters after the mission starts and no respawns. That is how these missions should be played - teamwork and tactics absolutely critical to mission success.

Thoughts?

We have a private tactical server setup for that purpose, its typically set to no revive, no respawn, veteran mode, no JIP. Hook up with Dai-san, Medic, Durka, Punisher and a few others for more info on that server, you are more than welcome to play on it.

What is JIP?

I'd like to do some smaller co-op missions as well.

jip is join in progress

It was the tactical players view that if you joined after insertion it messed things up too much, lot of the missions are halo insert joining in properly after the insert was difficult to manage.

sweet!! so can i get the password for this so i can run some with other players? or do we need one of the above mentioned to host and choose missions?

does a medic class work to revive downed players in this mission type?

to be honest this is where i see a lot of the players playing Domination heading - this is exactly how tactical coop should work and the hardcore junkies will go for the no respawn, revive and jip for sure.

Edited by Lightspeed

This is our own Tactical Server and as such you would need to arrange with a SPARTA member to be present to admin the server etc.

This shouldn't be a problem as there is normally someone around who is itching to play some Tactical ArmA. I am around every night and would gladly run through missions with you (including my own).

As for your question about Medic, Revive etc, this is totally down to the mission programming. I spent ages getting Heal and Revive to work in my missions, it involves using scripts etc.

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

This is our own Tactical Server and as such you would need to arrange with a SPARTA member to be present to admin the server etc.

I'm in for mission-level gameplay in whatever role you need, but I'll be LOA for the next couple weeks with work. I should be back by early October, for those keeping track. -Ebden

well this is sounding v promising - would be great to hook up some ppl for some weekend tactical.

One humble request. Could the mission-chooser please choose missions more interesting than 'take this town' or 'blow up that thing'? Something with more complex scenarios and an evolving enviro is in mind.

This one sounds interesting:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?...;highlight=coop

Or this one:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?...;highlight=coop

Edited by Ebden

One humble request. Could the mission-chooser please choose missions more interesting than 'take this town' or 'blow up that thing'? Something with more complex scenarios and an evolving enviro is in mind.

ROFL, you have never played any of my missions, throw any preconceptions from Domination or TVT out of the window, I can be down right evil B)

definately interested, DOM is just chaos

DOM is chaos? Have you tried VBF2 with the new patch? All the old guys have come out of the woodwork, and many new ones are reminiscent of recently-dead chickens. That's chaos! I find the Sparta Dom map one of the most organized pub servers out there, largely because it's real players on one side only, but also because a good presence of regular players keep others focused (with the occasional digression to aimless artillery use)

To keep on target,

@ Dai-San, do you have abstracts of your missions available somewhere?

Edited by Ebden

20 ppl on comms and 30 ppl in the server is chaos IMHO :)

Yes it is IMHO also but I think it's a means to get more people to play with us and some enjoy chaos

We really do need to get those that are interested into the other servers we have playing organised missions but we are kinda short on SPARTA admins to push it forward we need volunteers to help this.

Direct from the Mission Briefing.

"Settle down gentlemen,

A mission's been passed down the food chain that calls for our particular brand of.... expertise shall we say.

Intel reports that one Joseph Patruskin, a high ranking insurgent officer is covertly visiting his ageing grandmother on her deathbed.

Yes, Yes, I know, how sweet of him.

However, intel also reports that he is in possession of a map that has key information on all upcoming troop and equipment deployments. UAV observation reports a small mobile HQ has been established and we assume the map will be stored here but have no idea for how long. They have also observed enemy patrols and technicals scattered around the island so be wary.

All you have to do is get into this HQ, Find the map and get to extraction. Easy.

Good luck gentlemen, and be safe!"

This is played out on UTES. Number of revives is selectable as is the time of day and weather conditions.

There is no Respawn and no JIP.

Also something to note, all missions I do are small unit Special Forces type missions.

My missions are designed to make you think and plan on the fly, not to go in guns a blazing.

They do not involve the use of vehicles or aircraft though you will encounter enemy vehicle threats.

This is purely because I'm an old school GR1 player and don't really like vehicle based games, I am a boots on the ground guy.

played Dai's mission again tonight a couple of times. i managed to trash the mission before the first objective. Luggage got us all the way to the end :)

Yep we played for two hours whilst Luggage was leading and the team kept me alive all thru, very good job leading mate.

Everyone did a good pity Maestro had to leave (jeez his missus sounded just like mine ROFL) before we really got going.

Yep we played for two hours whilst Luggage was leading and the team kept me alive all thru, very good job leading mate.

Everyone did a good pity Maestro had to leave (jeez his missus sounded just like mine ROFL) before we really got going.

It was definately a team effort. It was a joy to play with people willing to take the boring tasks and go with the flow. Special thanks to Hoot - he plays with only one ear, so direction of fire etc is impossible for him to determine, but it doesn't stop him being lethal with the javelin.

P under-rates himself, and obviously Custard and Dai are pretty solid. Maestro, well he isn't anything like an out-of-date car at launch, manufactured by BL.

Thanks to all for a great evening.

When can we do some PVP people?

Edited by BPRLuggage