Spartans Home

Sahrani Domination for ArmA2

Morgan

• 1 month later...
I played a few games on this map, fps aside it was an eye opener lotta fun

I was thinking about how tired I was getting of Chernarus -- what do you guys think about trying out the imported Sahrani map?

I realize that it probably wouldn't have the features of MH6's Domination mod, but it might be nice to have varied terrain -- there was that one town in the desert I always liked attacking.

Anyway, I have no idea how much work this would involve, or if anyone else is even interested in this...

Fish

Most people get bored of the Chenarus map due to domination and only focusing in the town areas, not that it's the case with you, of course. I've been working in the mission editor and it seems like I find a new terrain area that would be excellent for missions every time I get on it. Now, if I only had the time in the day to actuall make the missions, lol.

Most people get bored of the Chenarus map due to domination and only focusing in the town areas, not that it's the case with you, of course. I've been working in the mission editor and it seems like I find a new terrain area that would be excellent for missions every time I get on it. Now, if I only had the time in the day to actuall make the missions, lol.

Yeah, there are definitely some more interesting portions of the map that we don't play in, strictly due to the nature of Dom.

I guess I am dependent on the kindness of strangers. :)

2.1 Gb? Hmmm that would be a lot to ask people to download.

Fish, you have accompanied us in our Arma 2 adventure from the begining so youre hardly a stranger. Anyway using the principal of "If you build it they will come" I have added another UK server running the CAAI mod. Its called SPARTA - Sahrani Domi

You'll need the CAAI mod (available here)

It is the 1.03 version of domination.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely agree with Kalxen. Just got off of the server with Zeno and a few others. It breathes new life into the game - the island has much more variety.

For instance, the last town we took was the Rhamadi town located on the Airport island in the SE. It was thoroughly fun to assault the island, starting at a beach. Rather than the usual insertions consisting of fields or small hills.

I never played ARMA I on multiplayer, so this might be old to some of you. But would love to see it get tossed into the mix on TacDom nights. It has an easy auto-installer so you don't have to worry about the folders or what not. The shortcut function is spelled out for you, so all you have to do is copy/paste.

Has anybody given that other island a try? The jungle-looking one with the river winding through?

If you are talking about Panthera, then yes. It is awesome - it isn't so jungle-looking as the preview pics making it look. There is definitely a variety, including desert, forest, and alps.

Fish, you have accompanied us in our Arma 2 adventure from the begining so youre hardly a stranger. Anyway using the principal of "If you build it they will come" I have added another UK server running the CAAI mod. Its called SPARTA - Sahrani Domi

You'll need the CAAI mod (available here)

It is the 1.03 version of domination.

I did download the files a couple of weeks ago, but was only able to play with an AI troop, as no-one was there when I was.

Looking forward to trying it with more human players.

Thanks again for installing it, Zeno!

If you are talking about Panthera, then yes. It is awesome - it isn't so jungle-looking as the preview pics making it look. There is definitely a variety, including desert, forest, and alps.

To use the lingo of my 13 y/o, it's a 'tight' map. I don't know what's so tight about it, seems pretty big to me B):P

I tried Panthera in the armory a few weeks ago and was thorougly impressed. The Panthera map has multiple extreme elevation changes, and reminds me of what it might be like to assault Vail, CO, in the summer. It would be great to put domination on Panthera, or some tactical missions, since the elevation makes for some epic sniper work and other long-range intel, and also gives a good reason to try playing in 10k viewdistance. The tight valleys will make helo insertion more tricky and vulnerable, and other air/artillery support will be limited in the narrow avenues. Actually, it may be an excellent infantry-focused map for tactical, since so much of the armored/air mobility afforded in Chernarus and Sahrani is not available in Panthera's dense forests and mountains. Given the uneven terrain, tight valleys (ah, 'tight', I get it now) and dense woods, this would be a good map for the fastrope addon.

Set up a couple Mk40 mod 0s and snipers in the hills, and you can bombard the town in 7.62-style (but check your fire!!) I support any of Dx2's (Durka-Durka, for future reference) efforts to make whatever he likes on that map.

Edit: I'm still having a blast with the Sahrani map as well, FYI. (Does Sahrani boast more enterable-buildings than Chernarus? Definitely some more interesting towns in the A1 map)

Edited by Ebden

Edit: I'm still having a blast with the Sahrani map as well, FYI. (Does Sahrani boast more enterable-buildings than Chernarus? Definitely some more interesting towns in the A1 map)

Is there any way we can get the revive option for the return to sahrani map?

Also - hoping to hook up with more regulars there - the US Dom server seems to be a madhouse lately.

Is there any way we can get the revive option for the return to sahrani map?

Also - hoping to hook up with more regulars there - the US Dom server seems to be a madhouse lately.

Fish, I'm game if I have time tonight. What is your timezone, and when do you think you'll be on? Maybe we'll get that Ka-52 and destroy armor from clean across the map (successfull kills from 4000m)!

Fish, I'm game if I have time tonight. What is your timezone, and when do you think you'll be on? Maybe we'll get that Ka-52 and destroy armor from clean across the map (successfull kills from 4000m)!

I'm Pacific time - I'll probably be on a around 3 pm my time, what with the multiple demands of unemployment pulling me in so many different directions. :/

Apologies for that. We're getting a handle on the madhouse.

Not blaming you guys at all. I guess that's part and parcel of running a good server.