Spartans Home

Buying kit from USA

custard~SPARTA~

Has anyone purchased from USA and had delivery to UK? I just enquired if a US site would deliver to UK and they said yes and it was up to me to pay any import duties and taxes. I just wondered if anyone had experience of this and did you offer up VAT etc LOL.

Can't speak for the Usa to Uk, But i have purchased and received in oz fine.

You can work your way around the tax if you really want to that's not difficult. The only issue you can get grief from is a warenty exchange as you usually have to post back to the original vendor unless the parent company has an agent in your country.

however purchasing from another country is all good and wont be an issue.

Has anyone purchased from USA and had delivery to UK? I just enquired if a US site would deliver to UK and they said yes and it was up to me to pay any import duties and taxes. I just wondered if anyone had experience of this and did you offer up VAT etc LOL.

No warranty on item? if it's DOA or develops a fault then you have to ship it back and it has to go TNT courier insured, so if it gets lost, you get some value back. I would say if you want to run the risk, then do it. Remember import duties can be added and are 26% from USA.

17.5% VAT +8.5% duty

I bought a laptop from Denmark, EU country so only VAT added 17.5% EU countries have no duty.

I bought Bose speakers from USA they added 26% duty extra £65 payable on delivery, before release.

What I'm after are the watercooling bits from dangerden. Its just a few items resellers in uk don't stock. I was just curios that dangerden said paying duties and taxes was up to me, I was wondering if anyone had imported stuff and avoided the tax by not declaring it. Some stuff is cheaper in UK but other bits are 100% more expensive.

To be honest Halli I think buying direct from dangerden (they post fedex) would be less stress on friendships etc, thanks for the suggestion but I would rather not put one of you fellas in the middle in case something went wrong. If there is something I really really want (and I can't get otherwise) I may ask mate thank you.

This is normal, i have bought things from usa. i often buy from ebay usa as it is a lot cheaper there than here the only way to get round this is have it marked as a gift. therm you wont have to pay. bit naughty really but most usa ebay sellers do this . and some wont.

Are we talking about your bunny again?

This is normal, i have bought things from usa. i often buy from ebay usa as it is a lot cheaper there than here the only way to get round this is have it marked as a gift. therm you wont have to pay. bit naughty really but most usa ebay sellers do this . and some wont.

Have it send as a gift does NOT make it tax free only gifts up to 30£ is without tax/vat

The only way to work around this is to have it shipped to you as an RMA Tell the store to put a note in the box where it says that is a RMA return.

Ta for that mate

Custard,

Give me a list of what you want mate. I'll get it to you. I'm coming across on october 29/30 for some meetings in London, then back on Halloween.

When I owned ProSoldier.com, I used to send kit over to the UK constantly. I send it without markings and label it Gift or a Service Return (depending on value) and send a note that says Happy Birthday or sorry for the defect, and you get it duty free.

I'm a scofflaw and one day I'll be punished for my wicked ways.

PM me and I'll send along my private details to you.

Pro