Spartans Home

Your Arma2 Benchmark

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

In the demo, under scenarios, there's an "Arma2 benchmark" feature. I'm not sure if the guys with the full version have it, but I figured I'd ask to see what everyone's is so we can offer advice on how to tweak things here and there to make it run better. Lay it out in this format:

Arma 2 Benchmark:

33 FPS

Computer Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.83ghz

3gb of Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 312mb - Driver Version 6.14.11.8585

Samsung Syncmaster 206bw Monitor - Max resolution = 1680x1050

Windows XP 32bit Service Pack 3

Game Video Settings:

User posted image

Note: Instead of labling all the video options, I just took a screenshot. It might/might not be easier for those of us.

So, any suggestions on how to bump my frames up? I'm pretty satisfied, but have only played the demo, so I may need to try to get things running a little smoother soon.

I can't see that option in the full version mate, but I did notice that if you go into scenario and then "My Missions" you can make a mission on the spot a bit like the battlecentre setup we have in Arma, it works really well.

In the demo, under scenarios, there's an "Arma2 benchmark" feature. I'm not sure if the guys with the full version have it, but I figured I'd ask to see what everyone's is so we can offer advice on how to tweak things here and there to make it run better. Lay it out in this format:

Arma 2 Benchmark:

33 FPS

Computer Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.83ghz

3gb of Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 312mb - Driver Version 6.14.11.8585

Samsung Syncmaster 206bw Monitor - Max resolution = 1680x1050

Game Video Settings:

User posted image

Note: Instead of labling all the video options, I just took a screenshot. It might/might not be easier for those of us.

So, any suggestions on how to bump my frames up? I'm pretty satisfied, but have only played the demo, so I may need to try to get things running a little smoother soon.

Arma 2 Benchmark:

28 FPS

Computer Specs:

Intel Core 2 E6600 @2.2 ghz

4gb of Ram

ATI 3700 512Mb - 9.4 drivers

Windows 7 RC x64

my settings were pretty much the same as Durka's

Here's what I get.......

Arma 2 Benchmark:

30 FPS

Computer Specs:

AMD +4600 Dual Core 2.4GHz

3gb of Ram

Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 (1GB Ram)

LG Flatron W2042S - Max resolution = 1680x1050

Same video game settings as Durka-Durka

FPS 34

E6850 3.00

4 gb ddr2 @ 3.00 xp32

8800gts 512 (G92)

NV #186.18

same settings As Durka ecept I run1650x1080

________________________________________________________________________________

Well this pic looks blurry but I raised the settings except post and got 25FPS.

User posted image

Ok settings lowered FPS 36

User posted image

FPS 52

Ok lowered all and reduced native res some.

Note this pic looks more like ArmA1

User posted image

Okay, I ran the test off of a fresh boot on Vista Black x64.

With the resolution set to 1920x1080 at 16:10 ratio and all settings at Normal including AA and AF and the draw distance set to 1750, the result was a whopping 24 FPS. Not too shabby for the high resolution and normal settings.

As with the rest of you guys, I am going to find the best setting for my machine, which again is a

E8400 3.00 stock

Asus P5k Pro Mobo

4gb 1066Ghz RAM

Caviar Sata 7,200 RPM HDD.

EVGA 9800 GTX+ 1Gb DDR3

I want to run this at lower resolutions and bring the AA and AF to Low settings then bump the draw to 2000km and see how this goes. I will let you guys know later as I am at work right now.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Anyone correct me if I am wrong as my analysis is based on logic and nomenclature.

The resolution that says "interface resolution" is just that, the game shell when you launch before the game initiates, you know, all the intro stuff and then the ui for joining a game and the lobby, etc.

Mine runs at native resolution for my monitor 1680x1050, but the game does a graphics card/processor/memory check the first time you run it and puts the initial settings where it "thinks" the game will run the best.

Mine was 1680x1050 for the "interface resolution" as I stated above, but the game figured my resolution for the "3D resolution" to be 1280x768, which I changed to 1680x1050 to match the native resolution of my monitor. I had read somewhere before that I will actually get less artifacts and a little smoother image if I use native resolution (even if it may cost a few FPS), so that is why I set mine where I did.

The "3D resolution" is just that, what the game environment resolution is set to, once the game launches into the server play.

This was what I concluded from the names of those settings combined with my past gaming and computer experience.

Good analysis Cy...

I could be way off here, but I am finding that the FPS number that Fraps shows me has very little to do with the performance of the game, as I am playing. Ive gotten some fairly low FPS numbers..like in the 8-10 range and the game still runs smoothly most of the time. Not sure I would get too hung up on FPS numbers as a performance indicator.

The Sparta server seems to be running pretty solidly though....I had one period of extreme stutter last night, and none since.

I have both resolutions set to 1680x1050 (for the same reasons Cy outlined) and I am happy with those settings.