Spartans Home

Dual Montitors

Rocky

The spare monitor I have is an analogue one, but I think I have one of these lying in a drawer

IPB Image

Would it be possible to work a dual monitor system using that, or would both monitors need to be digitial?

I think the answer to that would depend on what sort of output your video card supports. Multiple monitors USED to mean running an AGP and a PCI slot on your machine. Then you would select which monitor to enable first in your BIOS.

Im sure things have changed a bit since then, but look to your video card...:)

I'm sure it will work, test as a single monitor first though. If that works plug them both in to the graphics card (which obviously needs 2 outputs) and then run the nvidia multi screen setup (I'm guessing you have nvidia, but even ATI support multi screen setups) and as we say Bobs your uncle. If he turns out no tto be let us know and I'm sure we will find the solution.

• 1 month later...

IM running 2 Geforce 8600 GTS PCI-e with 2 LCD 22" and the only problem is you cant run SLI with 2 monitors together and

I'm running them in Horizontal Span with Nvidia Control Panel. and thats ok for me most the games i play are in window Size

it takes some time to get used to it LOL

• 2 months later...

Yeah Rocko, I run with one digital and one analog. The main thing is that you will notice a difference in your video card heat because it has to power two monitors instead of one. You will have to find that balance between one monitor at a high resolution and other settings vs. two monitors with reduced settings.

Good Luck and have fun.