Spartans Home

The better headset?

You need a switch box or choose at startup which you want speakers or headset. Do you not still have the Medusa switchbox?

The medusa one uses a round DIN kind of connector to the headphones, so a normal set of headphones won't plug into it. So it looks exactly the same as the one Hallie has posted except this one does not have a standard socket for headphones, it has a big round DIN kind of socket. Other than that, it would have been perfect, yes.

So either I need to find just the control box that has standard sockets, or some kind of fancy connector that will let me connect the standard headphones jack to the DIN socket on my current box. :(

Edit... maybe this is what I need

IPB Image

Edited by Rocky

Yeah that pic is of the back as it has the same plug (din) in the front of the box.

There must be a music store that you can get adapters from!?

Ah right, exact same as the box I have here then.

I've googled for ages and cannot find a source for a 9 pin DIN to a 3.5mm audio jack connector. I think I came across something on ebay, but it was £16!

I'll hunt around some more.

Edited by Rocky

On a similar subject...

Have any of you seen or heard of a way to have two PC sound cards and only one set of speakers? I have seen switcher boxes but they run RCA phone jacks in left and right channels. I suppose I could spend a ton of money and do it that way, but it seems like there would be quit a lot of degredation in the sound because of so many connections.

ie. the reverse of the y-cable above. two males from one female.

Sorry for 'augmenting' the topic of this thread but it seemed appropriate here.