Spartans Home

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti Engine Build

Zeno~SPARTA~

• 3 months later...

Fabulous, except for the rubber timeing belts, Hate to have to replace one, or have one snapp @ 7200 rpm= BOOM! Shame to waste all that technoligy on rubber timeing belts. They should have used gears instead. And if it was weight they were worried about, machine them out of titanium for the cost of that engine.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Also no bearings for the cam shafts, the cam rides right on the head with no replaceible bearings, so if something happens with the cam bearing jeronals, its replace the head time. A desposeible engine trait. I saw one of those engines with the transmission cast one piece with the main engine block. If something happens to the trans, then its replace the whole unit time. Wonder if these 1/2 millon dollar plus cars come with life time warranty. Kind of reminded me of a ford pinto head.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Also no bearings for the cam shafts, the cam rides right on the head with no replaceible bearings, so if something happens with the cam bearing jeronals, its replace the head time. A desposeible engine trait. I saw one of those engines with the transmission cast one piece with the main engine block. If something happens to the trans, then its replace the whole unit time. Wonder if these 1/2 millon dollar cars come with life time warranty.

No worries. Just stick some meatballs on it and you have dinner!