Spartans Home

Delta Force Extreme 2

Halli~SPARTA~

I am buying this game.

This is (like most Nova games) a bigger and much better version of Joint Ops. graphics are much smoother and updated for todays video standards...models are the same old JO models... controls are identical to JO.

I was able to play this immediately...cant wait for the coop maps...:)

Oh Man thats all we played as well. I will give a shot as well. I dident like the first extream mod. It took away the on screen sight and the player names to. We were all makeing costom maps for black hawk down, We played the crap out of it. Then came Joint Ops., Esculation. Morgan and I played a few co-op maps last friday,It was fun!!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

There are a few minor differences in the mini-map, and so on, but for all intents and purposes this game is identical to JO model-wise.

Where this game really shines is its compatibility with older video cards like mine (and still produces some outstanding video) and the graphical updates to the terrain and some of the models.

The shading and shadowing make all the difference in this version...and the overall smoothness is amazing.

In old-JO right clicking to sight your weapon was a bit jarring, in this version its silky smooth. There seems to be a lot of physics updates to weapons..in JO bullets tended to be straight line..regardless of distance, now you can see the bullets 'fall away' as they reach their max distance.

Its still a wee bit cartoony, to be sure, but the game play is hella fun and can still be as tactical as you want it to be.

Coop mode is not yet available in Beta but Im dying to give it a try....havent had much chance to do much Medding (Im an absolutely insane med...I rock! hahaha) yet but sometime soon I hope.

Im up for playing this any time at all....the more the merrier...:)

DF games are always fun but i think you're crazy to suggest the graphics are anything other than outdated by 5 years or so, unless these screenshots are taken on low settings (can u change the settings in the beta?).

http://www.novahq.net/forum/album.php?albu...mp;pictureid=73

http://www.novahq.net/forum/album.php?albu...mp;pictureid=65

http://www.novahq.net/forum/album.php?albu...mp;pictureid=85

http://www.novahq.net/forum/album.php?albu...mp;pictureid=71

all: http://www.novahq.net/forum/album.php?albumid=4

example with crysis, 2 year old game, and engine probably 2 years older than that

User posted image

sorry not having a dig Morgan, i'm just annoyed with novalogic tbh. hope they impress with DFAF

Edited by PANiC

Have you played the original JO? Nova has never been bleeding edgewhen it comes to graphics.

You dont get 150 people onto a server in this type of game with high detail, high poly characters... or terrain, or anything else. You cant offer a 150 player game that runs on older machines with Gears of War/CoD4+ high quality graphics. So, as I said originally... this version is a great improvement over the original and the graphics are excellent for a Nova game.

The problem i found with JO was that when trying to kill someone it was so random, it was almost impossible to play although i loved riding the motor cycles, its all well and good having the 150 players but lag was terrible.

Ive downloaded the New delta demo and i think its a step backwards for them its is Jo with a different name. Its a shame as it was a great chance for them to add to Jo and do better, i havent played the MP side yet but will give it a try soon.

Edited by TuGJJUK

I think it's definitely a case of the old rose tinted glasses for me. I never remember DF, BHD or JO looking this bad. on MAX detail level it still looks horrible what with the old laser type tracers and all.

I may give the MP a go as JO used to be a blast if you didn't mind some idiot either nicking the vehicles or even worse killing you within seconds of you getting in em ;)

It is an Arcady type game but it is something to pass the time untill OFP_Dr is released.

The MP is better than the single but only one map...(demo) <_ last night all thier servers were down for updates so we will see.>

Off Topic the guys are working to reload FarCry2 on our server as a new patch is to come soon.

Hehehe...

I dont play PvP in JO...Im just a coop guy, so Im content to wait for the full version.

yes, its JO with a new name. All of the Nova shooters are JO with a new name. JO was Delta Force with a new name. Blackhawk Down was DF with a new name. JO was DF with a new opposing force and different terrain.

Its all the same game with different names. Thats what Nova does. Thats what they have always done.

If you dont want to play, dont play. But for those of us who enjoy the game it is a welcome addition to our little collection of games. The game play is uber fun in coop and I am going to be spending many hours, I am sure, enjoying the game.

I think it's definitely a case of the old rose tinted glasses for me. I never remember DF, BHD or JO looking this bad. on MAX detail level it still looks horrible what with the old laser type tracers and all.

I may give the MP a go as JO used to be a blast if you didn't mind some idiot either nicking the vehicles or even worse killing you within seconds of you getting in em ;)

Oh JO looks much worse...:) Take it from someone who never stopped playing JO.

Well It looks as though NOW you must pay some form of membership with Novalogic to become a "GOLD" member to test this Beta online so I may not be buying this game as that is just a slap in the face.

Waiting for the real Joint OPs to come out.

you can play beta online with silver (free) membership.

i think the servers went down for a shortwhile so the silvers thought they were blocked from playing it.

full version is out in 5 days anyway :)

I hope not

It only looks a bit better then Ghost recon

Seriously. All the good stuff about this game aside, but it looks like the Devs are trying to milk this title for everything is has left. Seems a bit lazy and not very creative to me. I hope I am wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope. No one wants to play it..didnt think everyone would be this snooty about an old style game...:)

Personally it's not that it is dated or snooty for me, it's just Nova are not pushing forward with new ideas and takeing deltaforce to the limits. I loved all the previous ones but want more.