Spartans Home

ARMA II Release Date

NoScream~SPARTA~

I know you all know but no one has posted and if they did I've missed the thread, BIS confirms with 505 Games the release date for ARMA II as staggered.

Czech

German,

UK(european),

USA versions

All releasing at different dates (their excuse is no global distributer) so what's going to happen?

Are we going to wait for an English copy and play (hooky) on the first one out or are we all going German ?

I know they are shooting themselves again like with ARMA1 but I thought I'd ask.....

I remember the debacle last time and will wait until the English and US versions are both out and compatable. I know we as a group could do with getting on a game early to help grow our numbers but whats the point of all having the game unless we can actually play together.

Personally I'm waiting for the UK release, I ain't doing the dodgy translation shit again and tbh this is only ArmA 2 so I'll continue playing ArmA ACE until we can all play as a group.

I am more than happy with our current server 4 setup so I will wait until the UK version is released before getting it..

I may "preview" it when it comes out though just to put some personal concerns to the test..

Purchase of game will depend on computer setup at the time, probably the Swahili version will be out by the time I get a PC capable of running it.

• 2 weeks later...

ArmaII Release Date - 19th June

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armed Assault II now has an official release date next month.

Quote:

505 Games and Bohemia Interactive are thrilled to announce that the release date for the upcoming tactical military simulator ArmA II forward by precisely one week, to 19th June 2009. Fans eagerly awaiting their next foray into the world beating tactical action the ArmA series has become renowned for now have just over one month to wait.

Featuring the most realistic warfare gameplay ever, ArmA II promises to build on the excellent features that have made Bohemia Interactive a respected name among both gamers and the US army, who use a modified version to train recruits for combat situations. Team-based combat, a comprehensive playbook of military tactics and an enormous battlefield to explore are just some of the features that will make this THE military simulation of choice this year.

ArmA II will be released on 19th June exclusively for PC. For all the latest information please visit www.arma2.com

Unless they moved it back to the 26th again, the date still stands at June 19th according to the above post.

"505 Games and Bohemia Interactive are thrilled to announce that the release date for the upcoming tactical military simulator ArmA II forward by precisely one week, to 19th June 2009."

I think the store he pre-ordered at has outdated information. I will be pre-purchasing soon.

Anyone know if there will be a collector's or limited edition? My guess is no, but the option is always good.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

"505 Games and Bohemia Interactive are thrilled to announce that the release date for the upcoming tactical military simulator ArmA II forward by precisely one week, to 19th June 2009."

I've never heard of such a thing happening!

I'll never forget the GRAW announcement "We at ubisoft are pleased to announce that the release date will be delayed another 6 months!"

ARMA II SHOWCASE TO RECEIVE LIVE TWITTER UPDATES

Milton Keynes, 19th May 2009 ? 505 Games and Bohemia Interactive have ensured that all ArmA II fans awaiting updates on the game won?t miss a thing from the upcoming UK showcase and demonstration sessions in London by setting up a dedicated Twitter feed for the event. As one of the first gaming companies to use Twitter in this way, 505 Games has invited members of the ArmA II online fansite community to the press day on Wednesday 20th May, where they will be able to share new information with their fellow fans via Twitter as they are announced on @ArmA2PC.

?The ArmA series quite simply would not be what it is without the passion and commitment that our community so clearly shows,? commented Mark Allen, European Consumer Communications Manager for 505 Games. ?Communicating directly with the ArmA fans has always been high on our agenda and we?re glad to be able to utilise new forums, such as Twitter, to help us communicate to our base.?

In addition to tracking developments as they happen, followers of the ArmA II Twitter feed will be able to post their own questions to the development team during the press day. These will be shared online and will be searchable using the tag #ArmA2Event. Fans of the game will do well to keep a close eye on the feed after the event and in the weeks leading up to release, as new information will be regularly posted there first, along with special competitions and the feed will act as a hub for the dedicated ArmA community.

As ever, Bohemia Interactive rely on player feedback, and the Twitter feed will act as a vital source for recommendations, impressions and reviews from the community after the game has launched.

Follow http://twitter.com/ArmA2PC

ArmA II will release for PC on 19th June.

Had to laugh at the 'playable animal' comments. Apparently you can edit animals into the game and assign them as playable. One of the twitter-ers mentions having great fun hunting his buddy who was playing a Boar...:)

Also heartened by the mention of a demo to be released shortly. Gettin all exicted now...:)

Pardon me but I seriously doubt I will be going to 'Twitter' for updates regarding a combat simulator. Seriously? Twitter. Come on.

Don't shoot the messenger.. :D