Spartans Home

Call of duty 5 I got it!

Athlon64~SPARTA~

I got to burn up some japs with a flamethrower! yes fun!!! And as usual great single player intence battle action! And I put in 1.1 pacth. theres allready a milion servers up. you all might not like the multiplayer. it looks good maybe a tad less detailed then cod4. and it has ww2 weapons

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Of coarse the maps are new and different . You get to runn around in jap looking buildings, rice paper walls and all. If modern warfair is your thing then ww2 maynot be. The single player with the flamethrower is great. You come up to a jap pillbox and fire it in, and they come running out on fire, as you see the fire come out the windows. I saw a jap sniper in a palm tree and whoossh! the whole tree went up in fire and he fell out of it on the ground, the marine next to me shot him. The game is great fun in singleplayer, I havent tryed the multiplayer as of yet. Its pritty graffic, On the way in to the island the guy next to me wile we were rideing to the tracked duck got hitt in the head and you see part of his head fly off in front of you. Then we take a direct hitt and the duck goes under with us in it and you got to swimm ashore under a hale of jap pillbox machine gun fire! Intence!

I couldent get anybody to join or i couldent join anybody elses server, there wasent that many on only 4. So went back to single player. Im a little disspointed in the graffics in some places it could be better. The atol islands are good! As far as I can see the co-op servers have a limmit of 4 but it looks like it can be set higher.

Yeah 4 is all ya get but I reckon it's better than none.

The graphics are Wonderful man you just need to crank that thang up, the single player is not bad at all but the multiplayer is pure caos run & gun hell, Kram's gonna like this one.

I can see where once a server is set up like the Gr.Net it will be a nice addition to our group at least something new anyhow.

p.s. make sure you have the lastest patch v1.1 or you won't see many servers.......

Oh yes i did the 1.1 pacth, becarful becouse if you do the pacth after you have played single player for awile, it will rewrite the file and you will loose saved games. There is a ton of regular servers up, But hardly any co-op servers, You have to join a lobby and wait for outhers to answer the invtation to join the game. I gess they got tired of waiting and canseled.

The graffics are great on the atol islands, but when you get into stalengrad, not quite so good. Im running a 8800 and vista. 32" HD lcd monitor. The game is not DX10. Still old crappy DX9, I looked all thru the graffics setting and its just like cod4

OMG! flame thrower... welder... both hot... :o someone needs to take that thing away from Athlon!!

He goes crazy with things that get real hot! :exclaim:

Hmmm... on the other hand maybe he could weld up a fix on my tank... or my gun... :yes:

Just make sure you turn that flame thrower down when you do it around me Athlon! B)

HA HA HA! theres one part in it, That All you do is the flame stick! you get to burn them out of entreched morter nests. They do bonzi runns at you with the banyets and samri swords, and they will chop you up. But good old flame stick stops them in their tracks real fast! They seem to forget all about chopping you. The most fun ive had in a game in a long time!!! WOOOSSSSSSHHH!!!!!

SLEPT IN! Didn't get to the shops to buy it this morning (up all night fighting gr.net hackers) . BTW some shops (gamestation/Asda) have it for the same price as play.com.

Busy all day/night tomorrow so you guys will get the jump on me again!

I love the flamethrowers in Company of Heroes, can't wait to try them out on a larger scale!

Wow just wait till you get to okinawa, A BIG island loaded with 10,000 japs everyware! You have to go down into the tunnels and burn them out! i can only imagin what it was like to really be there in ww2 on those islands as A marine. If it was like this, I wouldent want to go there! The closest thing to hell on earth ive seen. It gets messy. real messy! This is not for the weak harted. You find your self looking for ammo, and you might mistake a arm or leg for some. So don't be suprised. Makes Viet-nam look like a picnic.

must.....make.....purchase.

need......pennies.

Whats more important?

COD5 or road tax?

Cod5

(fine for not getting road tax (£80) will arrive after 6 weeks not having tax)