Spartans Home

New keyboard

Well did you rush out and buy a keyboard? Well if you did your gonna be pist! Becouse of this one.

IPB Image

Customize your colors with Saitek's new Cyborg keyboard

Posted by Will Greenwald 6 Comments (Credit: Saitek)

Lighted keyboards are nothing new, but they tend to light every key the same way, or can be limited to just one color. Saitek is changing that with the Cyborg keyboard, a gaming keyboard with a unique, multicolored lighting system.

Watch the Saitek Cyborg Keyboard video on CNET TV.

The Cyborg keyboard divides its keys into a variety of zones, like the WASD keys, the other letter keys, the number pad, and the arrow keys. When gaming, users can customize the lighting of each zone through the keyboard's touch sensor panel, changing the zones' color and brightness. The WASD keys can blaze bright red, the number pad and letters can glow a soft green, and the hot keys on the keyboards' sides can light up orange.

Besides customizable lighting, the Cyborg keyboard includes a variety of other gaming features. The WASD keys, arrow keys, and space bar are metal-plated, giving them a different look from the other keys, and according to Saitek, makes them wear better. Users can program the side hot keys with custom commands and macros for certain games. Finally, two USB jacks, a microphone jack, and an audio/headphone jack sit on the keyboard, letting users hook up additional devices like headsets and game controllers through the keyboard itself.

Saitek plans to ship the Cyborg keyboard in March, with a suggested retail price of $80.

Topics:Gaming

Ya, The upper one is from the CES 2008 show, Its newer then the ones in that thread. Also at realistic price most all can afford. I know that in my game room lighting is not the best. In short of haveing a spot light shineing on my board, And if I play multible games the key settings are all different. The back lighting is nice in low light conditions. Its a new product that all should know about, I myself just ordered one of these.

User posted image

It has usb ports on it so I can plug the mouse into it, and also audio ports to use my head set on it as well with out filling up all the usb ports in the back confuseing the usb hub, along with printers, scanners and outher devices, one click to change game settings so the same keys do the same thing for different games. But to each his own I allways say.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

might get a new keyboard soon, i do love this wireless one just it loses conection every now and again but is very cool when watching videos from my bed with the touch sentive media controls. :)

(logitech mx 5000 bluetooth) quite ironicly it did the hole disconect thingy while wrighting this lol

Edited by adder360~SPARTA~