Spartans Home

What is the best Internet Security Suite

I am sick of the slow ass McAfee that I have been using for free through my service provider.

I already am looking at a few other Internet Security Suite software company's. Just wanted to see what others think is the best to provide Firewall and virus/malware/phishing/adware/bots/rootkits/spyware/trojans/worms etc protection.

Also do you have to be a sparta member to get access to the Computer Discussions area?

I use a few and I haven't had any problems yet.

Zone alarm, AVG, spybot search & destroy & spyware blaster.

These are all available for free and dont use up may resources either.

Im not saying these are the best, just that they work for me.

Computer discusion is public mate

I use same as krambo but I don't bother with Zone alarm I use the windows firwall

+ Another ... For some of the above.

AVG + Spybot + Spyblaster

Firewall - Sygate Pro

Shit remover - Crap Cleaner

Driver Cleaner - DriverCleanerPro

Adware and Crap finder and remover - A Squared

Defrager - Diskeeper Professional

Another great set of software products come from Acronis ... Look em up there products are perfection.

Tune Up Utility's and JV16 Power Tools for the not so faint hearted .... Don't play with these if YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR DOING !!!

All free and no BS head screw like McCrashities/Nod/Nortons can be in certain instances, There is another viris program that rates high ... Think it's Avas't or F'Secure and it's free also, for firewall some ppl like Komodo i think it's called but not sure ... Your going to have to check.

Think it's quite amusing someone from "BDA" has to post here for this info also :P

Anyway have fun deciding what suits you best.

I am sick of the slow ass McAfee that I have been using for free through my service provider.

I already am looking at a few other Internet Security Suite software company's. Just wanted to see what others think is the best to provide Firewall and virus/malware/phishing/adware/bots/rootkits/spyware/trojans/worms etc protection.

Also do you have to be a sparta member to get access to the Computer Discussions area?

Everyone has their own personal preference, some like A and others B but at the end of

the day they are all inherently slow due to the nature of how they work. They have to

actively scan and that slows the PC.

I use one product "Norton Internet Security 2008" I love it, others hated it, but I haven't

lost a system yet.

The answer is NO, but you do have to be LEVEL 8

Much of our forum can be read without login, but login is required to post.

We broke up are system of access into levels

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...hp?showtopic=31

How we are organized

1-Gerousia (An Admin whom funds & Administrates the Legion of Sparta)

3-Ecclesia (An Admin whom Administrates the Legion of Sparta)

4-Ecclesia Support (A Tagged member that has donated $100+)

5-Spartiates (A Member that has been TAGGED with full member & public access)

8-Spartans (A Registered member NON TAGGED with full public access)

9-New Recruit (A Registered member NON TAGGED with public access)

Basically, level 9 is anyone whom signs up to the forum or anyone

that is not a regular.

Level 8 is a person that regularly visits Teamspeak and socialites with us there,

we grant LEVEL 8 to these persons and this access is required to the computer

section named Computer chat (public). TS 66.29.87.135:8072

There is quick connect on the forum header (at the bottom right corner).

;)

i wouldnt use anything other than NOD32 or Kaspersky on my PC.

Currently using NOD32. :)

other than that I use Firefox so i dont need the spyware removers that you need 15 of to clean up casue they all do different things.

also ccleaner to fix my registry every once in a while

Nod 32 is an very good product and has from what i understand as great support for updates also.

The question i ask is "Do you want to pay a yearly fee" .... Even thou you don't need to ?

And .... "What do you actually get for your MONEY ?" Well ...

If "I" was going to pay ... I guess Nod would get the nod LOL ... However Nod also can cause issues for game players as i know for a fact several players have had to uninstall it to install a certain game ( Can't rem what games but were 1st person shooters) So as i said before above "Can be problematic".

What you get for your money is a great product ... Probably the best of the paid ones in fact, However if you look at the real tests the FREE ones continue to perform just as well in the protection circle, Remember they all are only as good as how fast the updates to the new viris's are released.

So in fact you could also say your at the mercy of the update team producing fixes for the latest malicious rubbish you download. Avast and AVG which are free have exelent updates almost every 2 days which in turn keep them in the top 5 in ranks, Norton has poor updates in comparison.

Now as you know ... I would think NO SCANNER is perfect so having several tiers of protection is beneficial and far better protection all around, The free stuff if you know whats hot is sometimes better than the paid versions Eg Spybot and Spyblaster .... Murder Adaware and hell can't think of the name...hmmm Window Washer comes to mind , but it's another PAID program !! .... Now Guess what ?? ... Did you know a lot of the "Paid" ones are susceptable to inside trading with funds being paid to NOT REMOVE certain rubbish, I kid you not ! .... Spybot is not one and it's FREE .... So is Spyblaster. These run in the background and give you real time protection also .... Hassel free.

So now you know that .... DO you wish to pay for some shit they get paid to dishonor there moto's ?

Thats why many prefer the FREE ones .... Yes they work don't think they don't.

The cracked versions of the paid ones are more trouble than they are worth usually ... Don't bother with this lot as your reg codes get overwritten with subsequent patches real quick.

Anyway now you know a different angle, Knowledge is a powerful tool, so use this to make an informed decision and not throw your hard earned cash down the drain on a product that has great reviews because they have been paid to say so ...

Nod 32 ... Is a great program and worth the money ... But it's not any better than the best Free ones in any of the major testing arenas ... So ... up to you now.

Also do not just have one product ... you need 2-3 working in harmony to make sure you have the best possible chance of detecting something incoming, A-Squared is outa control with how deep it scans and what it finds ... You must be careful running this, and quarintene your favorite game trainers and cheat codes for single player games and associated stuff like those.

If you rely on Winblows Firewall ... your nuts as it's a frikin dog of a program and also an utter pain to use ... Again read some trusted reviews, not just one 3-4 and see what the consensus is overall, you will soon see who gets paid, and who doesn't, and who gives high marks due to a fist full of dollars, paid to the review team also, Including bribes to make one "Stand Out" ..

Ok thats my sop box for today ... enjoy your choise of AV software regardless.