Spartans Home

Corporation's And Allience's

MUTILATER

INTREPID CROSSING CORPORATION

Well as you all probably know by now, we had a special guest join us yesterday to share his corporations aspirations about new upcoming pilots wishing to maximise there game potential.

Thanks go to Gordon from "Intrepid Crossing" for taking the time to present an offer to consider joining there team for a new level to be found in Eve. Gordon spent over an hour with myself explaining the facts about what makes "Intrepid Crossing" the ... One !

Then he spent more time with you all and explained several vital points on how "Us" as Spartans could continue our tradition as a long term game community within there corporation helm for the benifit of ALL players in both camps. Mining and Missions are the main focus with the PvP sector as we advance from nooblet's to professional's with there expert guidance.

We have just as much to offer them as they do for us now and into the future. Progressing to 0.0 space is not a requirement of there team either as they run a professional training and low sec secure area in 0.1 space also called "Progenitor". Gordon I'm sure would welcome our team to be permenantly based in low sec as much as wishing to watch us advance to 0.0 when we felt we are ready willing and deadly. Helping training there new players to advance while showing our skills in Teamwork and Organisation would be very much welcomed.

In this thread i will be explaining the finer details of my discussion while expanding upon what you already know, Showing everyone the benefits to be had by there group allience.

I could not write it up today as i had work till 11pm and i will do this friday. If any questions please state them below and i will attempt to answer them correctly in order of questions.

Gordon has also made avaliable his perspective to questions asked also, and if i make a mistake he will correct my points that i discuss also.

This thread i expect to be extensive as all fine details will need to be made clear if Sparta Eve players wish to join there team, However acting as a mini squad within the allience will ensure we all remain together like we have enjoyed for a long while.

Gordon may join our team speak also .... Make him welcome guys and discuss openly your concerns with him if you have any. He was more than happy to extend his time to assist as he can see the potential of our group aiding there overall goal while taking our game to a new high also.

Gordon is the CEO of "Progenitor Corporation" which is the stepping stone for pilots to 0.0 space within the greater "Intrepid Crossing" alliance. (Join our teamspeak Gordon anytime here > 66.27.89.135:8072 Sparta TS)

Keep an eye on this thread for more updates by myself and Gordon in the coming week.

L8R ][V][uTILATER

Well, I am in. I think this is the best move for anyone to partake in, no matter the skill level. I hope that everyone who is wanting to play this long term takes advantage of what this corp has to offer. If you do not decide to join at this time, I am sure the offer will stand indefinitely.

See you in 0.0

i will probs move my mineing gal down there to try it out in a week (when she can fly a retriver) keeping my main guy where ive got a good thing going geting him kited out and trained up. with an over all goal of my miner working in 0.0 with my main guy staying in empire and then jumpcloning to help out with fleet wars.

Medic and Adder,

This offer has benefits for the group as miners, No doubt about it !

Apart from an avenue to mine in low sec or 0.0 in a "Semi Secure" environment due to player numbers has distinct advantages. Not to mention ship replacement alone. One has the possibility at this earlier stage to have a gateway to higher class material thus increasing profit for both sides at the same time. While your char's train and skill up also forming a larger group with other players joining the training sector included.

Not everyone is going to wish to rat the belts, However in the training sector many new budding pilots will be more than willing i assume to provide station cover for a group of miners. Gordon also offered his command ship which has potential to aid mining throughput as well, Showing us further skills benefit we can use as a group and thus increasing output for both parties.

I'm sure Gordon or one of his team would be more than happy to gang us all up for mining benefits if we show organisation to mine as a group with others providing belt rat cover.

Remember both sides win/win with teamwork and colaboration.

I think there ship policy applies in the training sector as well where we can "Loan" mining barges and battleships for mining out the belts in a large group effort. There ship replacement program for members has great advantages also for the ones who wish to go ratting as the loss factor is minimised considerably. Progenitor still have this ship policy as there 0.0 sector as i am aware.

So to sum it up mining in the training sector while you skill up and progress your battle skills has got great prospects for both parties. You could say it's a win win situation for the group and the individual, Consider the prospects as Sparta gang mining with a Command ship present?

Provided ships are always the icing on the cake as well.

We all need to discuss this proposal in depth and find out if it really helps us as a group as well, Gordon i think would be more than happy to have a group such as ours present and operating so efficently and would also realise the boost we would provide his training station.

As Yoda would say ...... Forfil Your Destiny You Must ! .... Mine for Progenitor !!

Ok later i will add more content about the proposal.

L8R ][V][uTILATER

So you all know ... I have decided to give them a go and made the applications for both my accounts.

Maybe I'll see more of you over there also giving them a go as well.

Remember we are FREE to leave at any time with no regrets or bounty's being placed upon us at any time as long as we leave on good terms.

That means NO theft of their equipment or ore gathered in there system .... PERIOD !!

If you leave on good terms I'm sure Gordon would welcome your return at a later date if you wished to rejoin again for your own reasons.

This crew seem to have the same value's as us here .... Consider your actions at every moment as you not only let yourself down .... You will drag us all with you.

Ok L8R :)

I thought we all had a plan? It had been talked about for a couple of weeks?

We were going to skill up and mine low sec. space, we had made tests and calculations

and I thought we were all onboard. The training schedule was around 60 days to hulk grade

and in the meantime we were going to farm in SILEN ?

What happened ? are some trying to run before they can walk? there is plenty of time in the

60 day program we set as a training goal to move from SILEN to low sec, I must of

been mistaken when I heard all the talk over the last 2 weeks.

Some say Lowe sec space is briming with pirates and head hunters, I just came out of

AKORA for the 4th time and I saw one other guy, Slain has been playing in 0.3 & 0.2

and has the same experience.

A Corp. might give you the comfort zone for 0.0 space but at the end of the day is

15 days of playing really a long time to judge the future? I have another 45 days of

training on the plan I'm following (the one we all set out on at the start, remember skill

up to HULKS). I'll make a call then, I'm in no race, I'm in crawl mode, soon to goto walk mode.

I wish all the best to the pilots entering 0.0 keep us all posted ;)

P.S.

Over excitement is no substitute for hard facts and skills, Mutilater's friend Gordon sounds

a like a good chap but it's early days into this game and we have explored very little.

Wearing a badge might restrict your movements and there are many groups out there that

don't get along. At sparta players don't get a badge because they turn up, they get is for

being apart of something special, if the same applies in this case, there could be problems

down the road, I will refer all this to the Sunday meeting, so we all know the facts

of joining another group playing the same game.

viii

-45 days and counting.

Viper,

Sounds like your initial goal is on track still .... That's great m8

For myself and Medic, We want the extra security from the gank squads to mine freely for as long as possible without having to jump and freight and be constantly harassed in low sec.

Our plan is still on track like yours is ... Just if this works out we will make better Iskie's for less time involved and that was the main drawcard, We also have the option to back out with grace and many new friends also. So what we have entered into is not much different that your plan as stated. Except for the fact we have a command ship and freighter pilots and station battleships on hand from other players. Thus our throughput will be more per hour than your going to gain unless you can find a nice quiet sector for yourselves.

Plenty of time to Explore and do all that stuff .... For us we just are based in another sector with more players in the same team of which not that many are mining hard like we will be.

Maybe you might drop by and kill a few rats for us also Vi ... Ya know your welcome anytime as nothing has changed just we have a change of station and sector.

Each to there own regardless and as you hope we prosper we do likewise :)

Forgot to mention .... I won't be going to 0.0 for at least 2-3 months as i need to train for Covert on my main char to protect my mining char.

Edited by Viiiper~SPARTA~

I have only signed up my Malorek Account for AWEco, My 'Jennifer Davis' acct is training for the hulk as well. But will not be joining a corp anytime soon. As she is still in crawl mode as Viii, put it. She will however be around, hooking, and whoring the Galaxy as she tends to do. So for a good time.... Call Jenn.

LOL j/k

She will be around, and atm she is in New Caldari with tha rest of yas.

Also I participated in a Mining Op last night. In .5 space mining veldspar, pyro, and scordite and the variations, we brought in just under 300 Mil ISK in about four hours. Imagine if that had been rare ores... SWEET. All I did was haul the ore from the miners jets cans to the corp hanger one system over. Easy kinda boring work, but it kept me going. I made 6.5 runs in about an hour.

Good people on chat as well.

Peace.

I have only signed up my Malorek Account for AWEco, My 'Jennifer Davis' acct is training for the hulk as well. But will not be joining a corp anytime soon. As she is still in crawl mode as Viii, put it. She will however be around, hooking, and whoring the Galaxy as she tends to do. So for a good time.... Call Jenn.

LOL j/k

She will be around, and atm she is in New Caldari with tha rest of yas.

Also I participated in a Mining Op last night. In .5 space mining veldspar, pyro, and scordite and the variations, we brought in just under 300 Mil ISK in about four hours. Imagine if that had been rare ores... SWEET. All I did was haul the ore from the miners jets cans to the corp hanger one system over. Easy kinda boring work, but it kept me going. I made 6.5 runs in about an hour.

Good people on chat as well.

Peace.

300 million in 4 hours

veldspar, pyro, and scordite

You and 10 others I guess ?

Question: With us noobs should we decide to attempt this, how do we get to this location with out being "GNYfied" (sorry GnySgt, couldnt help it) "GNYfied" for all you who dont know is my new term for gettig blasted out of existance in low space.

Hi Zeno,

I will answer those questions for you, In a very simple way also.

1 - Yes, Only in Eve.

2 - No, Your game name stays as you make it , EG "Zeno -SPARTA".

3 - Yes, Again for Eve only they don't play other games.

Now i can see where your going with this, I do however suggest you get with me or medic for 5min on TS so i can explain how this helps your player survive in 0.0 ... Because lets face it your survival in 0.0 is very limited as a solo runner or a small group, this is the draw card to fighting for a large team. If you have no desire to operate in 0.0 space well this isn't needed. This game is based about making money and 0.0 is where the money is located. Empire is like swimming in the kiddie pool.

Hi Zeno,

I will answer those questions for you, In a very simple way also.

1 - Yes, Only in Eve.

2 - No, Your game name stays as you make it , EG "Zeno -SPARTA".

3 - Yes, Again for Eve only they don't play other games.

Now i can see where your going with this, I do however suggest you get with me or medic for 5min on TS so i can explain how this helps your player survive in 0.0 ... Because lets face it your survival in 0.0 is very limited as a solo runner or a small group, this is the draw card to fighting for a large team. If you have no desire to operate in 0.0 space well this isn't needed. This game is based about making money and 0.0 is where the money is located. Empire is like swimming in the kiddie pool.

So this group will be dragging SPARTA players to another group?s coms to play EVE, this will benefit SPARTA how.

We pay for a teamspeak server only to send our player to another clans TS,

You?re going to need more then 5 mins to sell it to me mate.

Floyd,

I'm not selling anything .... Eve players will one day have to take this plunge to gain the benefits of 0.0 if they wish to mine and make money, If mining and making money in 0.0 is not the wish of the player then it will not be required at all.

This simply provides you the means to survive in 0.0 without having to endure the severe loses of ships on a low scale group trying in vain to expand to 0.0.

This is not going to change anything as i see for Sparta. For those who don't play Eve it's no different.

Joining has both benefits and detractions the player as an individual has to weigh up the options and decide what is best for there game style and overall wish in the future.

It's like this for me here is the maths,

Empire - Do 15hr mining of X material - Sold for Y and profit per hour = Z (Z=1mill ok)

0.0 Do 15 hr mining fo X material, minus 3hr worth to clan, Sold for Y (-tax) to come to Z profit which will be A x more per hour than your 1mill.

1 hr in 0.5 space will make you 300k ... 1 hr is 0.0 will make you 25mill + (Clan supplies all your ships too)

So as you can see working in 0.0 has it's advantage to simply make Isk.

I want to make Isk like everyone else so i can convert Isk to Game Time Cards and play for FREE each month ... Simple is it not.

Working in low sec space with just Sparta players will be very risky as ships will be attacked by clans and losses will be probably up to 60% of your take when replacing your gear ... Makes it not worth the effort as you just end up in a circle.

In the clan you have Fighter patrols in the sectors covering your butt all the time. This clan has 1100 members in the group ... They own there own refining and industry stations and defend them ... Guess they are doing something right hey.

So to sum it up i mine in security for lets say 60 hr per month + to get my game card or I mine in 0.0 for 1/10 the time to make the same ... Easy to decide then is it not.

This is what draws me to joining a group like this for playing Eve.

Does not mean you get rid of me here at Sparta ... However if you don't want me around because i joined please let me know and i will simply fuck off without problems. I'm not trying to split Sparta or anything like that of the sort. So don't even consider I'm being a traitor to any of you guys.

Since you posted here Floyd i assume your considering playing Eve ? ... Wondering what your concerns are since you don't play it anyway.

Ok L8R :)

No one is asking you to fuck off.

Noone is calling you or anyone else a traitor.

Floyd is not interested in playing EVE, but since anything that impacts Sparta is of interest to him (and me) we will ask questions, if thats ok.

Everyone is free to do as they please. There is an issue if tagged players join another clan in a game we play. This will be discussed on Sunday.

I understand entirely your motivation for going down this route, and clearly you have thought this through. I want everyone else who might be considering doing this to do the same.

I share Floyds concern if players spend more time on other groups teamspeak than on ours, this is true for all games not just EVE.

We are trying to build a community, but this wont happen if most of the people are populating others groups comms.

Well, as far as I am concerned, I will only be on their TS during either of these two times. One when on a group mining op where communication is a must and two, while in combat in war times.

Other than these, I will be on Sparta TS. Playing games with you guys.

As far as this possibly "breaking Sparta up", you can forget that.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Well I suppose I'd better post in here now as well to answer a few questions.

The Trip to 0.0

We call this trip 'The Bus' it is a heavily armed convoy of Battleships and some smaller ships. The route to our space can be dangerous so details of route and timing are kept quiet from people not on the trip. We make this trip once a month so if you don't think you are ready its only another month until the next one. Before this trip there are training to allow the fleet to stay together whilst travelling.

Mining in Lowsec

The minerals in lowsec are not worth the risks to mine there.

To mine in lowsec safely you need to secure the system, to do this will require at least 4 people on each gate and probably a cloaked scout on the other side. The guards will have to be able to tank the gate guns and be willing to loose sec status by killing anyone that looks suspicous.

We used to try mining in lowsec using guards at the actual op, we had 3 Battleships spread out around the op and a couple of faster tacklers in close to the miners. We had to lock, and threaten to fire at any ship that warped into the belt if they approached our miners. Even with this setup we lost miners or haulers at the stations. If you loose a T2 fitted Hulk you have lost 200-300mil each time, and this is extra money you need to make from the op.

The best ores to mine are Kernite if you can find them, Jaspet(lowsec only) is currently worth less than Veldspar. Plagioclase is the next best to mine, on our corp mining ops we just start at one end of a belt and mine everything, and then move to the next belt.

But if you really must mine in lowsec the best idea is to look for Hemorphite and Hedberigite, look for a quiet system, take a cheap mining frig/cruiser with miner IIs. Expect to loose a few ships and if anyone you don't know jumps into the system start looking for somewhere to hide. Finally mine at least 25km from the belts warp in point and stay aligned to a warpout object.

Ships and Minerals

PRCP buys ore/minerals and supplies ships cheap. Once every few weeks I set the prices from the Eve average prices, we buy ore at 20% below these numbers and charge 10% below this when supplying ships to members. In return we can supply ammo and most T1 modules free, we have some named mods as well. We also supply Retrievers and Covetors for pilots to use whilst in the corp along with Industrial ships.

The corp will buy as many minerals/ores as can be supplied, we don't charge more/less for unrefined ore we have a 100% refine rate. The corp will also collect these from highsec systems if there is a decent amount.

TeamSpeak

When operating in 0.0 you will need to be on the IRC server else you are going to die, we do have hostiles come into our space to try and get easy kills, we do the same to them. If you are on a corp op you will need to be able to talk to us, but if you are doing your own thing in empire there is no reason for you not to be together on your own TS.

Own Groups vs IRC/PRCP Groups

We only complain when people don't take part in our ops ever. When you aren't on corp ops you are welcome to gang/operate with any of the Sparta guys that have decided not to join us. All we ask is that you don't do anything that will reflect badly on IRC.

Our Main Rules

PRCP do not take part in any offensive operations on behalf of IRC unless authorised in advance.

PRCP/IRC are not pirates, we don't get involved in any can flipping/baiting in empire or lowsec space.

In 0.0 space do not engage neutrals unless engaged first, in our space(constellations 7-KXBJ and LQ-0QN) we operate a NBSI(Not Blue Shoot It) policy.

If shot at or stolen from feel free to destroy the enemy ship, do not ransom(you may accept an apology though).

PRCP as a whole do not operate in lowsec, you are not banned from lowsec but don't expect a rescue fleet if you get into trouble, save low/null sec for AWE/IRC.

No smacktalk in local or on the forums, and no posting on COAD part of the Eve Online forums

Any more questions I will try to answer later.

Gordon

Chief of Staff - PRCP