Spartans Home

Current Events

We're currently still camping but due to return home tomorrow. Home is on the outskirts of Birkenhead, which is across the water from Liverpool. A friend posted a picture on FB of the Birkenhead McD's after it had been "attacked". Given that I believe most of the rioting is now just a means to shoplift I don't think we're at real risk as we aren't close to major retail points but it does show how close things could get and what bothers me most is all I can defend my property with is a stout piece of timber!

Following up on Durkha's comment I really hope communities start to stand up to these scum themselves. It is happening, if you haven't seen it yet Google Southall Sikh's, 700 took to the streets to protect their property & temples. The whole of the country needs to follow suit.

what bothers me most is all I can defend my property with is a stout piece of timber!

Drive a few nails through the end to make it more mace like. Is Archery legal in the UK? If so now may be a good time to take up lessons!

Drive a few nails through the end to make it more mace like. Is Archery legal in the UK? If so now may be a good time to take up lessons!

I have a 40lb recurve bow already, learnt my archery as a teen but it's not exactly a close quarter weapon. I could easily pick them off at the end of the road but might struggle to justify that to a judge!

Like the nails idea though, trip to the store is called for & pick up some 6" no8's.:)