Spartans Home

Team Fortress 2 for free!!

EL_n00biachi

Heres the thing..... I already own Team Fortress 2 and yet when i click on the STEAM deal it says INSTALL GAME. That leads me to believe that TF2 F2P is another game entirely. I would interest to see if "F2P dudes" can join up with "Payed full priced getting ripped off dudes", Anyone wanna do a study so we can report the results to all our friends?

Dont hate Haji....why you gotta be like that mang??....twinkletwinkle mang...stop hating start participating ..... :thumbsup_anim:

I've been downloading this shit for hours,looks like half the planet is tryna download this at the same time.....

Edited by EL_n00biachi

Heres the thing..... I already own Team Fortress 2 and yet when i click on the STEAM deal it says INSTALL GAME. That leads me to believe that TF2 F2P is another game entirely. I would interest to see if "F2P dudes" can join up with "Payed full priced getting ripped off dudes", Anyone wanna do a study so we can report the results to all our friends?

ANYONE?

Of course F2P guys can play with people who paid for it. Would be rather silly/pointless otherwise. I'm not too sore over it. Bought the game in 2007 with the Orange Box deal and I've gotten more than my money's worth out of the game. I think it's great that Valve is taking away that barrier and introducing more people to such an amazing game. It just makes sense with the Mann-conomy setup too, that alone has been bringing in so much money for them that they no longer need to sell the game. Smart move on Valve's part, especially since they now have the most balanced, fun, optimized, and stable F2P FPS on the market with huge community and developer support. They haven't stopped updating TF2 and making it better for 4 years. It's a whole new game since it's launch in 2007 and it never gets old for me.

Valve, you only get more awesome with each passing year. Thank you.

Of course F2P guys can play with people who paid for it. Would be rather silly/pointless otherwise.

Oh I agree that it would be "silly/pointless" but I was trying to determine if Valve was following the Battlefield PLAY4FREE or Quake LIVE, business model. These free 2 play iterations look and play similarly but exist completely independent of their retail cousins, making it impossible for each to join each other. The only reason I brought it up is that, as an Orange Box owner, I have TF2 already installed, I would not expected to see "Install Game" on the associated "TF2 Play for free" page (see below image)

tf2f2p.jpg

A clarification to all, my previous comment of "F2P dudes" can join up with "Payed full priced getting ripped off dudes", was made in jest and is an obvious failure at humor down.gif

I honestly could not care less about monies spent on a game that was purchased in October of 2007. My sense of humor (sarcasm) is to wrap current thought into a statement to highlight the obvious in a humorous way. Example: You are waiting at the on your front steps for a friend to pick you up and he arrives 20 mins late. When you greet your friend you could say "Good to see you made it GPS boy" or " Hey whats up Tommy Timely whats up" yes.gif

See ya'll out there!

Im sure everyone got what you meant about the joke lol....im just glad i didnt buy it a week ago lol....now leave me and my Virtua Tennis 4 alone! lol

This is pretty good news :0 I am downloading right now, slowly slowly :)

I heard a lot about this game, but then completely forgot about it for years. At a first look, watching videos it reminds me BF Heroes, the free one.

I guess is gonna be way better than that tho :)

Haji, ready to roll on it as soon as the DL is done :)

Ciaooo !