Spartans Home

E3 Game Footage (BF3, Skyrim)

My two most anticipated games are coming out this year, Battlefield 3 and Elder Srolls: Skyrim

Here are two new videos from yesterdays E3 if you missed it.

SKYRIM

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/714852?type=flv

BATTLEFIELD 3

Tank Battle

Engine Showcase

Time to upgrade those rigs if you haven't already.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

WOW, Skyrim is amazing !!

I should check on internet, but I am a bit confused on what kind of game is, i mean is just a game with an immense world to explore or is one of those you have to pay a monthly fee to be online and do your stuff?

if someone knows, news welcome, otherwise i ll just google it :)

ciao !

Gonna be sweeeeeeet!

Skyrim and BF3 will dominate my fall and winter for sure. Possibly Dark Souls and Darksiders 2 as well. Also, if you watch the BF3 multiplayer teaser, you will notice a star next to the player name at the top of the squad list in the bottom left corner of the screen. Squad leaders coming back...? :D

BF3 MP Teaser:

Dark Souls:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-dark-souls/714546

Darksiders 2:

I found the info I was looking for, this wikipedia is very well done and informative...

If you wanna know more about Skyrim, enjoy the reading :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim

I m gonna get lost in that game, my g/f will kick my ass.. This is the prophecy I see to come !

EDIT:

OMG.. i just saw the footage for the tank battle and the BF3 MP...... I am speachless !

I am actually happy I preordered that game already ! :)

My g/f will kick my ass double time.. I really foresee issues at the horizon !

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Add ArmA 3 to the list of things from E3. Can you say PHYSICS!!!??? Screens look fantastic.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/07/e3-2011-arma-3-screenshots-deployed/

Also, ArmA 3 teaser, but a bit of a let down. No in-game footage, just live action. Still exciting though!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/07/e3-2011-arma-3-trailer-teases-us-with-real-life-men/

Also, for you World of Tanks gamers out there, World of Warplanes has officially been announced. No screens or vids as of yet though.

lol wut? I hope you're joking. That's an Israeli Merkava (or a tank closely resembling it's design). You guys are so paranoid about ARMA 3 being a repeat of GRAW, and for no reason really.

Exactly,even-tho EVERY awesome franchise in pc gaming history got fugged up and over at one point.....dont worry!:rolleyes:

HELL YEAH im paranoid and scared that this franchise will die the same way all the others did... :rolleyes: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by EL_n00biachi

Na, BiS will never turn commercial. There's no big name publisher forcing them to do anything different. And by "no reason" I mean, there's still zero evidence suggesting anything will be going that direction since it's announcement. They may have a few brand new/experimental designs in the game (such as stealth choppers), but nothing really out of the ordinary has been shown or announced.

Na, BiS will never turn commercial. There's no big name publisher forcing them to do anything different. And by "no reason" I mean, there's still zero evidence suggesting anything will be going that direction since it's announcement. They may have a few brand new/experimental designs in the game (such as stealth choppers), but nothing really out of the ordinary has been shown or announced.

Oh that is partially true and after the in-game footage i saw im pretty sure there wont be any game-play changes,but dont forget there was zero evidence of "Operation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising" being a MOH\COD clone until you actually played it.

Dragon Rising wasn't a MoH/CoD clone at all. It was no ArmA, but it was far from CoD. What killed it was no dedicated servers and total lack of developer support post-launch. It could've been an alright game, there was a great modding/scripting community that came out of it. Red River on the other hand... yeah, go ahead and bash that as much as you want, lol.

Oh God,im not gonna respond to that in depth cause ive wasted enough of my keyboard on that game :),ill just say that NOTHING came out of DR; the vast majority...like 99,99999% of the modders and scripters were original Flashpoint and Arma modders\scripters...........btw you just reminded me about the fact that i didnt even bother to download Red River....thats pretty sad lol

I still think people have every right to be afraid that their favorite game gets fugged tho,i mean...tell me...whats left out there?....OFP and GR were murdered...all thats left is Bis's ARMA and they are struggling to make ends meet...so there's always the chance of them jumping on a MOH\CODbandwagon with every new version.

TemplarGFX's mods made DR playable, challenging, and cool. If they would've released some semblance of an SDK... we would've had a much different game. But other than that, yes, DR was garbage.

There's plenty of my favorite franchises out there that haven't been ruined. CoH is still going strong with talks of a sequel in the future, Dawn of War 2 was excellent. Different and smaller scale than the original, but a lot more interesting gameplay than unit spam. Left 4 Dead only got better, as did Portal. Civilization 5, despite it's rocky launch and buggy online, is by far my favorite. There's no way I can go back to a non-hex grid with stackable units. No way. Red Orchestra 2 looks to up the ante in the WW2 realism department, while making an overall better game than the first.

But I digress. Yes, some big franchises have fallen by the wayside (CoD, GR, OFP), but that doesn't mean all will follow suit. And it's silly to think that every sequel that comes out will be some horrible butchering of a game. Leave that for those that live/dwell in the past.