Spartans Home

Can you be the riddler?

adder360~SPARTA~

Can you be the riddler?

IPB Image

Ok here is a nice new game to play.

How it works: somebody posts a riddle and everyone has to try and crack it. Simple.

Now of course the rules, if when you post your riddle please don?t make them too hard, and to keep the thread moving after 24 hours of someone posting a riddle and it not being cracked the poster of the riddle should post a clue and then after 24 hours from posting of the clue and still not been cracked the riddler has won and can either post another riddle or can say and leave it open to the next person to post.

Eg.

Riddle: Its 100 degrees yet you will still freeze to death. But why?

After 24 hours with no right answer:

Clue: what unit do you measure temp in?

Another 24 hours with no answer:

Answer: because the 100 degrees is measured is Kelvin which starts at -273 C (absolute zero) so 100K is -173 C chilly!!!

May be not all as hard as that one would, be if people hadn?t studied physics or done work in that area.

Ok hope its clear I will let the next person start.

happy riddling.

*edit* can you be clear on whether the riddle was crack by saying CRACKED IT <person’s name> please write like above in caps so it clear when the next person can go.

Edited by adder360~SPARTA~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a cook in a restaurant in a quaint country where clocks are outlawed. You have a four minute hourglass, a seven minute hourglass, and a pot of boiling water. A regular customer orders a nine-minute egg, and you know this person to be extremely picky and will not like it if you overcook or undercook the egg, even by a few seconds. What is the least amount of time it will take to prepare the egg, and how will you do it?(good one)

Edited by Krambo~SPARTA~

It will take 9 mins.To find the exact time out you have to flip over the hourglasses and once done flip back again and then when the 4 min glass is done flip the 7 min glass back,which should have running for 1 min only.Think thats about right.

I did maths to A level and beyond so I'll have a go:

7 min glass

4 min glass

require 9 mins of glass time for egg.

Before starting the egg, flip both glasses over so the 4 mins runs out and 3 remain in the 7min glass.

Now with 3 min of sand in the 7min glass flip over the 4min glass only.

Now when the remaining 3 mins of sand run out of the 7min glass you'll have 1 min of sand left in the top of the 4 min glass.

NOW start to cook your egg for the remaining 1 min of sand and then flip the 4min glass over two more times to get your other 8 mins, total 9 mins ;)

Total preptime = 7 mins, cook time 9 mins total 16 mins

very nice puzzle

thats pretty much it but heres the solution: -

the egg cooks from the start when you turn over the first hour glass

Right -

turn over both glasses, when the 4 min glass runs out flip at immediatley which leaves 3 in the 7 min glass.

Then when the remaining 3 min from the 7 min glass runs out flip it immediatley and carry on leaving 1 minute in the 4 min hour glass.

When the 1 minute leaves the 4 min glass the 7 min glass has been running for exactly 1 minute so flip that back equalling exactly 9 mins,

nice 1 Viii.

When

That easy... a human

4 legs as a baby crawling

2 legs as we walk

and then 3 while walking with a cane.

My turn, I guess I get two. LOL

Start with this one. It should be pretty easy.

------

A cloud was my mother.

The wind is my father.

My son is the cool stream.

My daughter is the fruit of the land.

A rainbow is my bed,

The earth is my final resting place,

And I'm the torment of man.

What am I?

------

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~