Spartans Home

Can you be the riddler?

adder360~SPARTA~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New one:

You are in a room that is completely bricked in on all four sides, including the ceiling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out?

Tip: Very difficult. Think as abstract and 'out-of-the-box' as you can.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

There are six sides in a room. If four are bricked in and two of those are the ceiling/floor then there are two sides open....walk out of them...

Okay try this in the abstract.

Look in the mirror and see what you SAW

Take what you SAW and cut the table in HALF

Combine the two table HALVES into a Whole

Take the phonetic 'hole' and climb thru it..

This is wrong on sooo many levels.

Thanks for the hint Kiwi

Edited by X-Wind~SPARTA~

Kiwi and X-Wind are both correct, sort of.

The true answer as told to me:

"You look in the mirror you see what you saw, you take the saw and you cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, and you climb out the hole."

However X Wind is more correct. Kiwi, you almost had it. Very close.

You're up X-Wind.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

I know it is not my turn, forgive me, I had the urge......

Don't for get, for it to be a riddle, it should also rhyme!

What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end and the end of every race?

Edited by StevenADunn~SPARTA~

While driving home after a hard day's work, I came upon the following problem. An entire town had been painted black; the roads, pavements, buildings, hedges, and everything that did not move had been painted black. In addition, my vehicle's headlights were not working, no moon was visible, and power was off in the area, so there were no street or house lights around. At that moment, I entered a curve where a big black dog (deaf, and thus unaware of the approaching car) was sitting in the road. He had his back to me, so there was not even a glint in his eye, yet I was able to swerve round him quite easily and without danger. How was this achieved?

Ok, well, not much of a riddle, but here we go......Harold Bird married a widow. At that time they each had children of their own. Thirteen years later the Bird kids got into a heated argument. Mrs. Bird exclaimed to Mr. Bird "Your children and my children are fighting with our children!" Each parent is directly related to nine of the 12 children in the Bird family. How many children were born after Mr. and Mrs. Bird were married?.....Try to explain your answer...don't just guess a number.

okay lets give this a whirl

9 of 12 related

you know there are 12 total but nine directly related, so that leaves 3 each to each parent

how i figured it out: i think

take a piece of paper and put 3 kids under each parent and 6 in the middle

add the 3 under one parent plus the six and you get 9

do the same with the other parent and you get 9

so the answer or guess would be 6 :unsure: