Spartans Home

CRYTEK ENGINE 3.0 - FREE (your own licence)

NoScream~SPARTA~

Announced 30th April 2011

Ever wanted to build a mod/ game with a cutting edge game engine that is simple yet powerful?

logo_sandbox_splash_screen_final_720x405.png

Normally developers don't release engines for years...

but the CEO of CRYTEK is doing something totally different, supporting the community

with the ultimate tools, the editor & SDK (software development kit) game engine, the CRYTEK 3.0 engine to you for free.

MIND BLOWING

CRYTEK ENGINE - FREE (your own licence)

http://www.crymod.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=68064

First of all, CRYTEK will be launching an Editor for Crysis 2 early in summer 2011

In August 2011 CRYTEK will be launching a free CryENGINE SDK.

UI.jpg asset_browser.jpg

From the CEO of CRYTEK

Hello Community!

We wanted to put together an article which covers the last few weeks and the coming weeks for all things related to Crymod, CryENGINE and you! We thank you for your patience with regards to the new modding tools and look forward to seeing all the amazing things that you can achieve with them!

Also, a thank you for your patience with regards to Crymod.com and the recent update. We value your input on the site and we'll use this to further improve the site to offer the best experience and functionality for everyone.

Crysis 2 Editor

As promised, here are some screenies from the new Editor which is due out in the near future.

Image Image

Crymod

By now most of you will have noticed a change around here! We've upgraded the forum software to something a little more modern and something that most users will be familiar with on other sites - PHPBB3. This new platform gives us many more options as far as expansion and options goes and we very much look forward to implementing these changes to give the community the best web experience possible.

In it's current state the site is mostly just a forum. Many of you are missing the Downloads Database and this is out highest priority to bring online next. This is quite an extensive task, to port 5 years worth of custom coding (on the old site) onto an entirely different platform and the web team are working hard on completing this as soon as possible. We currently have a News section as well as the Wiki online too.

Crymod 2.0

The next step from here is to release an entirely new site to cover Crysis 2 / CryENGINE 3 content. In similar fashion to when we introduced Crysis as the main Crymod site and moved Far Cry to it's own section, we'll introduce Crysis 2 as the new main Crymod site and move this current site to it's own section, still an easily accessible and active CryENGINE 2 modding community! Of course we want everyone to check out our new tools and look forward to releasing all new CryENGINE 3 documentation, covering news articles on new projects, promoting teams, running competitions and all the fun community stuff!

The new site is due to be released in conjunction with the Editor and we're confident that the adjustments made to the site based on the feedback we've received on Crymod over the last few years will mean a greater experience for usage and content for everyone involved. We'll go into more detail on the new site as we get closer to launch.

Letter from Cevat

Finally, we wanted to share the letter addressed to you from Cevat again, which was posted when the old Crymod site went offline.

WHAT CAN YOU DO? everything !

I like that you can import items from Google sketchup. Now only if I had more time.

Before google bought SKETCHUP, I use to work with it designing, I can tell you it's great.

Google Sketchup has a FREE version which is great.

Is this Cryengine 1 or their latest engine Cryengine 3?

They are giving away for free use - Cryengine 3.0

Before google bought SKETCHUP, I use to work with it designing, I can tell you it's great.

Google Sketchup has a FREE version which is great.

I found sketchup a few months ago. I've been using it at work to help me visualize some modifications to our research vessel-great tool.

cant seem to find the download button!!!

JUNE/JULY for the editor

AUGUST for the SDK & engine with C++ & examples

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/23/crysis-2-editor-coming-this-summer-cryengine-3-sdk-in-august/

I found sketchup a few months ago. I've been using it at work to help me visualize some modifications to our research vessel-great tool.

agreed :thumbsup_anim: