Spartans Home

Black Prophecy

DaiSan

Dai, could you please post some gameplay video and your impressions when you get a chance? This looks interesting, perhaps similar to EVE but without all of the spreadsheets.

Sure thing. I must admit my first impressions are very good. It is well polished with a good intro and I'm going through the early levels at the moment which act like a tutorial.

I started off manning a turret on a Capital ship and have now just been tasked with piloting a fighter.

It feels very 'Freespace' so far, with huge capital ships and fighters, bombers etc. Though the graphics are lightyears ahead of Freespace obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just edited this message, if read the previous version, just disregard.. I was able to register correctly to the BP page and I am waiting for my Key.

About 1 hour to full DL, let s see how this is gonna be..

Due to the separate nature of BETA (opened, closed) I am really concerned we will not be authorized to play with EU gamers... I am afraid we will be dispatched to different servers..

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Hey Medic,

can you explain exactly how did you get your key?

On their site is very confusing.. I registered to the Forums, confirmed registration and access forums.

There is a thread saying I can go to a master account page, I tried and although they say the login info is the same of the forum one, i cannot log in.

Actually I am downloading the client but I have no idea how to get the Key.

I was reading some forum thread and looks like you have to wait for a "give away" event ??? F**** them ! no waiting for that crap..

So please, just let me know how you got it :) thx so much.

First let me say that the EU and the US have two different BETA programs running. The EU has been up and running for a good while already and the US just got started within the past two weeks or so.

All I had to do is go to their website, download and install the client and create an account and character. I received an email that stated they were doing batch key generation so I would have to wait until the next batch before they had a key. I waited about a week until my key came. I guess they are slowly testing server stability and adding batches of keys as they are ready to test the next level of server load.

I am also looking forward to BETA testing again. The last time I BETA tested, aside from Minecraft, was the Star Trek MMO, which we won't talk about. I would love to BETA the new Star Wars MMO though.

Something about the Activation and Charachter creation.

If I do understand correctly, there are 2 Factions on game. I suppose when you start you have to decide where you are.

Let s make sure we are all on the same side, to possibly play together. Not sure it works like this, but it would make sense, so please post any important info during the activation so we get all together on the same faction.

Thx

Something about the Activation and Charachter creation.

If I do understand correctly, there are 2 Factions on game. I suppose when you start you have to decide where you are.

Let s make sure we are all on the same side, to possibly play together. Not sure it works like this, but it would make sense, so please post any important info during the activation so we get all together on the same faction.

Thx

I am pretty sure that you can create multiple characters.

Been playing this on and off since I started this thread and I'm still enjoying it. I would happily buy this game (when it's gold) if a few ~SPARTANS~ fancied creating a group and kicking some ass :thumbsup_anim:

Dai, is this game supposed to be one of those you buy the game and then you pay a monthly fee to play ?

However, for what I read around, it looks like is free to play now, but seems like if you want to get some decent upgrade to your stuff to become a bit "competitive" on game, you have to buy the extra accessories anyway, is that correct ?

I'm not sure what the actual release details will be but like you say, at the moment it would appear it will be a free client but with premium content.

This would appear to be the way things are going, World of Tanks is the same.

I don't think there is anything you can buy that isn't available through hard work (XP points etc) but it will obviously take time to acquire.

Personally I hate this way of doing things ( I even hate the COD, BFBC way of doing things). I think everyone should start with a level playing field and skill should be the decider not just hours played (or deeper wallets) = better weapons/equipment. Unfortunately that's the way of the world now, instant gratification. If I can't earn it, I'll buy it, if I can't afford it i'll steal it.