Spartans Home

Understanding war in Takistan

Zeno~SPARTA~

Don't know if this is a problem with WIT or ACE 1.10 or just me, given the problems I had yesterday trying to find ammo for the Metis.

When I took the AS50 to provide long range cover I also equipped a rangefinder (normal for me with .50's on any server). I remembered the battery and installed it but every time I hit my fire key instead of bringing up the range etc all it displayed was my DC reading in bigger, red numbers.

Anyone else experience this or is the rangefinder working as it should for you all???

Thx Zeno

DC compass is interfering with this mission, it makes all additional data blinks.

As for range finder , you have to tap R key 2 -3 times then push fire on mouse

Yes, did this but like I say all I got was my bearing in larger red digits.

I also experienced the blinking data but only when in a vehicle.

I also am having problems: I cannot connect to the servers. They fail to recognize that I am running ACE. I have tried running both 1.09 and 1.10. No joy.

** EDIT ** The error I am getting is, "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.acex_veh_stryker". It's not one of the messages I can click on and it goes away. It kicks me back out to the server browser.

Very simple solution here, i had the same issue at my first start.

Go to the main game folder and open the @Spartaacev1.10 folder and... SURPRISE!! there is another @Spartaace ... folder inside !!

So, the only thing you have to do, is really have only the good one listed on the main game folder.

it doesn t have to be like \@sparta ace\@spartaace but it has to be only \@Spartaace

and you are set to go :)

Don't know if this is a problem with WIT or ACE 1.10 or just me, given the problems I had yesterday trying to find ammo for the Metis.

When I took the AS50 to provide long range cover I also equipped a rangefinder (normal for me with .50's on any server). I remembered the battery and installed it but every time I hit my fire key instead of bringing up the range etc all it displayed was my DC reading in bigger, red numbers.

Anyone else experience this or is the rangefinder working as it should for you all???

I am not sure if I understand in full your issue.

In general, with any ACE version and 1.10 is not different, when you use the Nite rangefinder you:

1 - hit R to load the battery (only the very first time, because the battery once loaded, stays there)

2 - hit R to power up and you see on the left side the large red digits showing your heading

3 - Lef Clik mouse aiming at target, you will see the laser red dot. Stay steady on your target, it takes a few seconds before it displays the distance reading. When is done, you should see big red digits: on the left is your heading, on the right is the distance.

4 - when you are done, remember to hit R again to power down or your battery will be drained soon.

this is working fine for me on 1.10

Batwing, I've not had this issue prior to yesterday, no matter what I did all that displayed was the bearing. But like I say it could be me, as yesterday metis ammo would not show in the ammo box list until I dropped the metis and equipped a new one from the box.