Spartans Home

Brink-updated release

Ebden~SPARTA~

A less over-negative review from IGN, however it scores a 6 and really they have nothing good to say about it, besides are at least not screaming bad either..

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/09/brink-video-review

I am not gonna get any close to this game anyway, it just look like the Quake speed to me.. not my kind..

Dammit all to hell, I had high hopes. But Bethesda has released a couple titles now that are flops. Their Fallout and Oblivion are the shining stars. They do have another oblivion in the works, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

I bought and played Brink tonight after reading all the bad reviews, but also reading some positive ones. I think it is fine. I haven't played PvP multiplayer yet, but BreRabbit and I played coop for about an hour and a half and it was great.

I'll still likely buy it. My primary interest is the MP. Once I get my machine back in order then I'll rejoin the ranks. For the last few month's it's been waiting for various RMAs to come back (and that LOTRO sucking sound). All I need is my memory back grom Gskill, and it's enroute.

Thanks for the update Cy. I really enjoy fast pace shooters or death-match type game play and everything I've read focused mainly on the single player aspect and the poor bots implementation. I think the developers main focus is in Multi-Player adversarial combat where the live players make the game.

That being said, I am sure a group of dedicated players could make up for the weak single player/ Co-Op mode which is plagued with stupid artificial intelligence/bots that don't offer much help in single player and very little tactical resistance in Co-Op. If the server browser system, private game functions, friends list and network code are working well, this game may have some value.

Team Fortress 2 offers similar game play and most of us already own it. There are certainly enough of us to get together and have the same level of fun.

For me, it's going to take one of two things to happen for me to purchase Brink:

• Large enough population of friends whom play it in adversarial mode.
  • Wait for STEAM sale at 30%-50% off.

And there you have it,such a bad product unfinished and still people bought it or going to buy it even here!!.....lol....ill grab it when its 10 bucks...i gotta catch up to Haji and Fatal....im already at...uhh 4 games on steam man,what? only 178 to go....

I read the article and my favorite line is the reviewers last " I tip my hat to the PC version: sir, you have delivered the goods."

Looks like they have all the options us PC guys want in a multi-player game. Something new I have gathered from all of the consumer reviews that I have read of the past few days, is that multi-GPU ATI users will not be happy with the performance results.

Are there any LOSC crossfire configuration Brink players, that can shed some light on this?