Spartans Home

Original Ghost Recon in Arma2

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I have started work on the new mission remakes of the original GR campaign...the first one I have started is Farm Day.

This map is ideal for a number of the GR originals and this first mission will be a testament to this.

You will need to download Podagorsk for this - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791

The beauty of the editor is a little button called 'Merge' - which allows you to grab all contents of a previous mission and copy it to a new mission. I have done that on this map already and have already laid out the mission. The environment is beautiful, similar to Chernarus in European feel but one bonus is the lower grass and shrub levels so you can run full grass but still see enemy.

Also, introducing some excellent winter atmosphere scripts to create another brilliant ambience and in these missions will face Insurgents and Russians including lots of armor.

If you loved GR:IT - you will love this too!

I expect to have at least one mission ready for play by next weekend and no f*king around with addons - just Podagorsk and you are in.

I will also introduce Fast Roping and as many other goodies as I can fit in without the need for addons.

Lighty.

Lighty, you are truely a genius and fast becoming an Arma legend!

Farm Day, was a fantastic mission, excellent terrain that required real skill, due to the open-ness of the map. Can't wait! :thumbsup_anim:

Once you have completed the original missions, will you be considering Desert Siege??? :worshippy:

@ FP - yes you will have a cameraman slot ;)

@ Watchy - i would like to do a DS but not sure whether I do an Africa version or a modern day Takistan version - we will see.

I think it would convert well to the Takistan theatre. That would save the hassle of new map / characters etc, yes?

i think Takistan or similar is the appropriate battlefield for this era - and there are a couple of maps im following of which one will become the DS theatre.

meanwhile on Podagorsk - i have the triggers working, the mission zone worked out, the insertion - essentially i just need to place AI and it is ready for testing.

i will aim to get 2 or 3 missions ready for next weekend.