Spartans Home

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!... I can't...... I Don't..... OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

DaiSan

I hope Ascend goes back to the original Starseige: Tribes. Tribes 2, nor 3, did it for me. I still have my original Tribes disc laying around here some where, I'm pretty sure. I also have one of the last copies of the NimMod server in my possession. If anyone else still has their disc and would like to kick it retro one of these days, I think it would be highly entertaining.

Thanks for sharing this, Dai. I hadn't heard they were making a new one.

- JHunter

I have Tribes 1 and at that time I played it very hard with a very solid clan.

Actually are ages i don t touch that game, I do remember it became FREE online though. However I would not suggest to "get it and test it" for the simple reason maps are huge and teams need to be TEAMS. This si not a game can be played as lone wolf.

Furthermore, actually that game, being quite old, would give the wrong taste of it. It was amazing at its time and was probably the best tactical combat shooter ever, yet keeping fast action.

It was all in the team. If it didn t work as a team, the match didn t work at all. I remember with my Clan we had 2 or 3 days mandatory training during week and then we had the League Match either on Sundays or Saturdays...

There was no marging for mistake.

Those were the days Batwing. We started on day one in Tribes 1 then moved on to Tribes 2 playing in all the major CTF leagues.

I was a Capper and had to learn all the fastest routes to and from the enemy Base intimately. We used to have official practices Monday and Wednesday with friendly Scrims on a Friday and matches at the weekend.

I miss those days.

Only one word .... BRILLIANT !

(Flag Capping on Katabatic ... Run out door, Ski down small slope outside and disk jump to enemy base, ski through the flag placement and hit the hill to the left rear, disk jump back up left side of the map in 2 jumps. :D)